PDA

View Full Version : Marginal call down vs LAG

JrJordan
05-22-2005, 03:43 AM
Here's a fun one for you to enjoy. Villain is LAG... very LAG. He will open raise from the button with nearly any 2 cards and will always fire another shot on the flop, and usualyl the turn as well. However, I think he does slow down a little when I play back.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 5.20 BB

I'm having mixed thoughts about this one. My 3rd pair could easily be best here, but vulnerable to nearly any card that comes. I need to find a combination that charges him for the flush draw if he has a heart, but also gives him the opportunity to keep bluffing at me when he missed. My plan was to simply call down and possibly fold if a fourth heart came (I know, Clarkmeister theorem. But in this case, this guy really couldn't find a fold in himself unless he was playing the board). I was tempted to go for a turn c/r to charge the flush draw, but really want to get to showdown with this assuming a non-heart river, and any further action after my turn raise would make that tough to do.

Trix
05-22-2005, 03:49 AM
IŽd play it the same.

JrJordan
05-22-2005, 03:52 AM
Hey Trix,
Against this type of player, is there any value to a c/r on the turn and then check/call a non-heart river (though I'd be tempted to call even if a heart fell in this case because he may be tempted to bluff it)?

Trix
05-22-2005, 04:29 AM
IŽd call any river too.

IŽd rather give the guy a chance to bluff more money away than CRing the turn and having to call down if he 3bets.

On the river, you could consider betting out, but checking is probably better as he will bet some hands he cant call with. He may check through a worse with SD value, but he may also raise a better if you bet.

IŽm not very good at playing against LAGs though.

wheelz
05-22-2005, 05:36 AM
I play it the same too. I hate just calling down with bottom pair no kicker etc. all the time too, but I don't think there's much else you can do against guys like this.

If you CR somewhere and he 3-bets, you're not going to believe him anyway, so I just take a WA/WB line almost always.