PDA

View Full Version : Help buying a suit

SackUp
05-22-2005, 02:49 AM
So I need to buy some new suits for work and want to get some nice ones.

People have recommended super 120, 140 and 150 for material and Armani and Hugo Boss for some brands. Does anyone have any other brands they like?

And I've heard use eBay to buy the suits. Anyone have any other places they like? I also might try out the 3 day suit broker. Need to start pimpin' so hook me up.

I

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-22-2005, 02:57 AM
I have a very nice Kenneth Cole suit. Feels nice, looks nice. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit anymore across the shoulders. I guess I should stop being so gosh-darn jacked.

Dead
05-22-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a very nice Kenneth Cole suit. Feels nice, looks nice. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit anymore across the shoulders. I guess I should stop being so gosh-darn fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

beta1607
05-22-2005, 03:00 AM
try many different suit brands on as they are all cut somewhat differently. Armani is very overpriced and overrated particularly for a work suit.

I have had a Hugo Boss suit for abut 8 years and I still love it, but my favorite brand is Joseph Abboud. I own serval abboud suits and the craftsmanship and style is exceptional.

Rick Nebiolo
05-22-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I need to buy some new suits for work and want to get some nice ones.

People have recommended super 120, 140 and 150 for material and Armani and Hugo Boss for some brands. Does anyone have any other brands they like?

And I've heard use eBay to buy the suits. Anyone have any other places they like? I also might try out the 3 day suit broker. Need to start pimpin' so hook me up.

I

[/ QUOTE ]

In LA Roger Stuart downtown is very good.

~ Rick

IronDragon1
05-22-2005, 03:12 AM
I've been very impressed with my Calvin Klein suit.

Cheap too (about $250 for the whole thing)

If you're looking at Boss, Z Zegna is in that price range and is pretty high quality, as is Polo if you're willing to spring about 200-300 more.

However, DO get your suit tailored.

IMHO, the fit of your suit is much more important than the brand.

peachy
05-22-2005, 03:14 AM
armani

TStoneMBD
05-22-2005, 03:20 AM
"However, DO get your suit tailored.

IMHO, the fit of your suit is much more important than the brand. "

i was going to say the same thing, which makes me think that its not a good idea to purchase suits over ebay because i dont think you can be confident that the suit will fit you right even after you get it tailored.

IronDragon1
05-22-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

IMHO, the fit of your suit is much more important than the brand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except to materliastic skeezers like Peachy

Maulik
05-22-2005, 03:33 AM
just as importantly as who makes your fabric is slim-fit for you tall thin people. these make you look like a million $s. I think getting a suit from a tailor is key, and if you have time / $, go to Italia, most suits you'll be will be tailor fitted

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-22-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a very nice Kenneth Cole suit. Feels nice, looks nice. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit anymore across the shoulders. I guess I should stop being so gosh-darn fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, I was fat before I got the suit, and I'm still fat, just wider across the shoulders. ::shrug::

Slacker13
05-22-2005, 04:04 AM
Suit absolutely must be taylored. So whomever you purchase from and whatever brand just make sure they will taylor it just for you.

SackUp
05-22-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Suit absolutely must be taylored. So whomever you purchase from and whatever brand just make sure they will taylor it just for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

should i get it taylored or tailored? I was going with the latter so I would have been screwed. ya I got a dude who is supposed to be be legit for tailoring, so hopefully I'm cool on that front.

Thanks for the info. I've hear the quality of the material is huge as well. And if I'm getting tailored then it would seem he will be making it money regardless.