PDA

View Full Version : finally a bad beat on my side!- no content but...that poor guy

irishpint
05-22-2005, 02:31 AM
For once...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (16.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (19.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ah Ad (full house, aces full of tens).
MP2 has Kh Kc (full house, kings full of tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 25.50 BB. </font>

Duerig
05-22-2005, 02:39 AM
fold pf

irishpint
05-22-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold pf

[/ QUOTE ]

brings me to a good story. im clearing some bonus on royal vegas poker (hate the site) and in the 52 hands or so ive played there seem to be a ton of people folding the flop/turn/river when it's checked to them. and i laugh hard every time it happens. A couple of times ive won pots by my heads up opponent folding to a check. weird/awesome.

Buck_65
05-22-2005, 04:07 AM
Is this really so noteworthy that you decided to post about it? Sometimes the opposition rivers their 2 outer, and sometimes you river yours. Nice hand, but there's no content here.

Edit: Sorry, it is labeled no content. I wasn't paying attention.

irishpint
05-22-2005, 04:32 AM
did u read the title?

why did you read this?

Buck_65
05-22-2005, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
did u read the title?

why did you read this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I didn't read the title actually. I just thought it would be at least interesting. I can find a few hand histories where I rivered a 2 outer, do you wanna see some of those?

irishpint
05-22-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
did u read the title?

why did you read this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I didn't read the title actually. I just thought it would be at least interesting. I can find a few hand histories where I rivered a 2 outer, do you wanna see some of those?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually im going to sleep. just post all the pocket aces rivering a boat to beat a pocket kings boat and i'll look at them in the morning.

note: i doubt you find ANY.

Buck_65
05-22-2005, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
did u read the title?

why did you read this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually im going to sleep. just post all the pocket aces rivering a boat to beat a pocket kings boat and i'll look at them in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I did open raise 44 from late position, got called by big blind with AQ on a flop of Axx, bet call, turn blank, bet call, river 4, bet call. Villain proceeds to whine endlessly.

Poker is rigged.

irishpint
05-22-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
did u read the title?

why did you read this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I did open raise 44 from late position, got called by big blind with AQ on a flop of Axx, bet call, turn blank, bet call, river 4, bet call. Villain proceeds to whine endlessly.

Poker is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're rigged.
it was a hell of a catch on a big pot when KK and AA squared off and each hit their set (and boat). Rather than being a dick you could:

1. read the title and thus not read the post
2. read the post and smile

i dont see whinning/complaining anywhere on that list, but I can find a few hand histories where I rivered a 2 outer, do you wanna see some of those?

/end
/dont care anymore
/hope you get rivered to death

Buck_65
05-22-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
did u read the title?

why did you read this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're rigged.
it was a hell of a catch on a big pot when KK and AA squared off and each hit their set (and boat). Rather than being a dick you could:

i dont see whinning/complaining anywhere on that list, but I can find a few hand histories where I rivered a 2 outer, do you wanna see some of those?

/end
/dont care anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you took something way too personally, and it must have been a combination of things I didn't realize I was doing. I wasn't trying to be a dick, you just interpreted things that way. Lighten up, please.

irishpint
05-22-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
did u read the title?

why did you read this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're rigged.

/end
/dont care anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you took something way too personally, and it must have been a combination of things I didn't realize I was doing. I wasn't trying to be a dick, you just interpreted things that way. Lighten up, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

we cool. i just see so much negativity on these forums and it drives me insane. isnt the point here to share advice/stories/concerns, etc to make us all better players and apprciate the game? yet so many posts (not just talking about you) seem so negative.

-dont post this
-waste of time
-move down, you dont know what you're doing/talking about
-etc

if you dont know what i mean, look for it. it's there.

ArturiusX
05-22-2005, 07:23 AM
So you're going to fight back against that by attacking people? I think you need to rethink your methods.

Fantam
05-22-2005, 08:32 AM
Yes he was unfortunate and probably should not have raised the river.

By the way, I thought your 3-bet on the flop was a little too agressive and I would have called down from here until the A arrived on the river.

However, I dont think that is what your post was about. By all means feel some sympathy for the other guy and maybe you apologised to him after the hand.

But dont feel guilty about the times that you do get lucky, because you will experience your own share of bad beats also.

Instead try to accept your luck gracefully and carry on with the game. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peter Harris
05-22-2005, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So you're going to fight back against that by attacking people? I think you need to rethink your methods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially after *two* apologies. If buck had told you to pound some sand up your ass your vitriol may be well placed. but he edited his first post AND apologised twice. Really.

NateDog
05-22-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
we cool. i just see so much negativity on these forums and it drives me insane. isnt the point here to share advice/stories/concerns, etc to make us all better players and apprciate the game? yet so many posts (not just talking about you) seem so negative.

-dont post this
-waste of time
-move down, you dont know what you're doing/talking about
-etc

if you dont know what i mean, look for it. it's there.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you flood the boards with crap, people will let you know about it. Think about that. What does this little hand you posted do to help me as a player? So you label it 'no content'. Fine, good, great. Not everyone does that.

If you can't handle people being straight with you, (ie. don't post this, this was a waste of time) then you have issues that have nothing to do with poker. It's very simple.