PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in bonus clearing: Party 3/6 BBJ

pshabi
05-22-2005, 02:16 AM
Opponents are LP-P and SLP-P respectively.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

*** Was calling the flop with the intention of raising MP1s lead but scare card hits and MP3 wakes up.

Turn: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

I thought I made a good fold. I've gotta put MP1 on at least two pair (78), possibly even a bigger set. MP3 has obviously hit his straight.

If MP1 has a bigger set, I've got one out. If he's only got two pair. I've only got 4 outs (5, 3 6s to fill up).

Seems simple. Am I wrong?

BoxLiquid
05-22-2005, 02:52 AM
I think you have 10 outs to hit a full-house don't you? I wonder if anyone would consider cold-calling MP3's reraise and hope MP1 doesn't re-reraise and pray the board pairs. Not sure if this is +ev. if MP3 has the nut straight and puts you on 2nd best straight he might cap the river giving you good implied odds. I wonder what the other 2+2'ers think.

toss
05-22-2005, 02:58 AM
Omg bad turn fold, you have 10 outs to fill up.

PokerBob
05-22-2005, 03:10 AM
Raise the friggin flop. This turn fold sucks.

Nick C
05-22-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If MP1 has a bigger set, I've got one out. If he's only got two pair. I've only got 4 outs (5, 3 6s to fill up).

Seems simple. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you're saying, and I wasn't at the table to see just how LP-P MP1 was, but readless I'm certainly not assuming he has two pair or better here, especially since you haven't really shown much strength.

And if he has 64 or 96, you have a lot more than the four outs you're talking about, so long as MP3 also just has a straight.

pshabi
05-22-2005, 10:19 AM
These dudes were extremely passive postflop. Like it was a shock to see them doing anything but check-calling postflop.

Anybody else wanna comment?

Edit: On morning's second look, I can see how someone would question putting the turn bettor on 78, 88, 77 but I didn't have a hard time doing it. I guess I should've gave more creedence to an overpair, but I was thinking he would've raised PF.