PDA

View Full Version : A7 suited on the button.

dozer
05-22-2005, 02:14 AM
MP2 and CO are both very loose and passive. MP2 calls down a lot with mid and bottom pairs. BB is a tight aggressive that slowplays too much when he hits big.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB

I raised preflop against 2 loose limpers with A7 suited, is this a standard play?

On the flop I decided to call down thinking I'm WA/WB. I wasn't too worried about MP2 since this guy calls down with any piece of the board.

Duerig
05-22-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I raised preflop against 2 loose limpers with A7 suited, is this a standard play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for me. But I think others do this fairly regularly.

[ QUOTE ]

On the flop I decided to call down thinking I'm WA/WB. I wasn't too worried about MP2 since this guy calls down with any piece of the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

WA / WB is for HU play. When there are all these other people stuck in a pot with you, you need raise this flop. Their money is probably going to be split between you and the flop bettor, so make them pay to stay in this hand.

irishpint
05-22-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

WA / WB is for HU play. When there are all these other people stuck in a pot with you, you need raise this flop. Their money is probably going to be split between you and the flop bettor, so make them pay to stay in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

who are we making pay in this hand? he 3 bet pf- so good chance of a high ace, set of aces. Now he's betting the flop. why on earth would we raise this? SB will fold. mp2 will call and we're getting 3bet (a good portion of the time, especially since BB is tight/agressive (so hes 3betting with a high A, aces, KK and thats about it)). Why do you think we'd ever be splitting this pot? Any spade, like MP2 for example is going to call this to the river- he aint going nowhere.

irishpint
05-22-2005, 02:51 AM
i bet the river if its checked to me. BB might have Kings or something. Who knows about MP2- the weirdest player calling everything and then checking the river. I figured he was on a flush draw but doesnt seem to care that he hit it.

dozer
05-22-2005, 02:51 AM
why would the money be split? Raising doesn't seem to protect my hand and Mp2 isn't going anywhere. If I am behind I will be 3-bet, and if BB is betting a weaker hand why make him stop?

dozer
05-22-2005, 02:52 AM
so you think I should have bet this river?
I was thinking of betting, but I thought maybe BB got scared of the flush card hitting and decided not to bet his ace maybe.

irishpint
05-22-2005, 02:54 AM
with your right- tight and agressive- i dont see him slowing down if he has an ace. I see him slowing down with KK maybe. It's a tough one, but I'd do it.

Duerig
05-22-2005, 03:02 AM
[censored] I didn't see the 3 bet pf. Yeah I think you're right, raising this flop is a bad idea.

Duerig
05-22-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why would the money be split? Raising doesn't seem to protect my hand and Mp2 isn't going anywhere. If I am behind I will be 3-bet, and if BB is betting a weaker hand why make him stop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry didn't see the 3 bet pf. I think you're right. Raising this flop is a bad idea.

Buck_65
05-22-2005, 04:33 AM
Bet the river when BB slows down all of a sudden. If you get check raised you can fold, so you'll lose the same amount as if BB just bet out and you correctly call anyway.

I am a huge advocate of raising the suited aces in late position with at least a couple somewhat loose, passive limpers. You'll often be able to pick up extra pots simply by showing aggression, and you'll be granted free cards where you wouldn't normally get them. Also, why give the big blind a free look at the flop when you don't have to? Good raise IMO.