PDA

View Full Version : Trying to be more agressive. Over doing it?

starvs
05-22-2005, 01:32 AM
After being told like I play like pansy I'm trying to step it up, but am I going to far with hands like this?

Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 2: Cowgirl118 ( $2320 )
Seat 3: imnKOgnito ( $430 )
Seat 4: budlight12oz ( $705 )
Seat 5: otto44716 ( $1650 )
Seat 7: CREENUTS ( $2390 )
Seat 10: starvs ( $505 )
Trny:12419276 Level:4
Blinds(50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to starvs [ 7d Qh ]
imnKOgnito folds.
budlight12oz folds.
otto44716 folds.
CREENUTS calls [100].
starvs is all-In [455]

My thoughts are I have 1/10 of my stack in their already, and I still have a marginal amount of fold equity that I can possibly get the limper out of there. If I fold I'll have 4BB left which isn't going to get me all that far. So is this the right amount of aggression, or am I going overboard?

I was called by CREENUTS (limper) with QT. Will hands like this folder at the higher levels (33, 55+), or will they call (should call?).

Thanks
-starvs

smcannon
05-22-2005, 01:37 AM
If I'm going to be going all in on that hand it's going to be in late position, preferably the button or SB and I have to be the one opening the pot.

Maybe if it was suited...but even then I think I would hold out for something a little better. You have a good 4 more hands before the blinds even hit you again.

lastchance
05-22-2005, 01:38 AM
Are you in the SB or the BB? I push 80% of the time against SB limps, 100% when those chips really mean something. Button limp is a bit tougher, cuz BB can wake up with a monster. Still, if button limps a lot, this isn't horrible.

valenzuela
05-22-2005, 01:45 AM
Pushing with any 2 late on with less than 10x the BB:
SB..folded to you
BB..folded to SB who limps.
Pushing with decent stuff(any a, any k, any q, pp)
button..folded to you.(any 2 in some situations)
cutoff.. folded to you.
cutoff..folded to you 7x the BBand u havent pushed too much lately.
This is a fair guideline IMO

liucipher
05-22-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts are I have 1/5 of my stack in their already

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you have 1/10 of your stack in there.

[ QUOTE ]
I still have a marginal amount of fold equity that I can possibly get the limper out of there. If I fold I'll have 4BB left which isn't going to get me all that far.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure the t50 chips on your push is going to make much of a difference. You'll have much more FE w/ t355 against two blinds who haven't acted than w/ t405 vs. a blind + a person who's already acted and wants to play.

I'd personally fold because while big stack limping doesn't indicate a monster, pushing into two people when one has already shown interest AND has a huge stack is never a fun thing unless you have a hand strong enough to get called. I'm pretty sure Q7o is not on that list.

microbet
05-22-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I'm going to be going all in on that hand it's going to be in late position, preferably the button or SB and I have to be the one opening the pot.

Maybe if it was suited...but even then I think I would hold out for something a little better. You have a good 4 more hands before the blinds even hit you again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm really not trying to be a jerk. I'm trying to help.

He is in late position preflop. He is, in fact, in the SB. The HH is missing the BBs action. BB apparently folded.

It is better to be opening the pot.

"Maybe if it was suited" is a troubling phrase to read. People say that as a joke. Whether or not it is suited makes very very little difference here.

I think it is a fold, mainly because the limper has so many chips and you have so few chips. This makes it fairly unlikely that he will fold.

Steve
05-22-2005, 01:52 AM
CREENUTS had a lot of chips, he probably is going to call you in a 10+1. So you are probably going to get eliminated 50% of the time... you can probably find a better place to get your money in.

starvs
05-22-2005, 01:54 AM
Yeah sorry came back to edit it to put 1/10 of my stack not 1/5, was thinking I was BB writing that. So basically it was a bad push but not the worst playe ever.

I'll keep those guidelines in mind.

Thanks
-starvs