PDA

View Full Version : Bet this turn?

Fnord
05-22-2005, 01:14 AM
MP1 will play just about any 2 cards and take them to the river. My guess is that he decided to stop paying me off after I took the last 3 pots from him.

SB is pretty loose/passive/horrible too.

My table image is that I've been raising a lot of hands and pushing people around.

Bet this turn? Why? My thought was I'd hate to have to call a turn raise...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Fnord is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fnord raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Fnord bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Fnord checks.

River: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Fnord folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

brettbrettr
05-22-2005, 01:16 AM
Eh, I play it the same.

Nick C
05-22-2005, 02:04 AM
Unless SB was chasing a wheel on the flop or broadway undercards (QJ, specifically) or a backdoor draw, it looks like you're behind on the turn. I guess you probably won't get checkraised on the turn by your passive opponent, but if you do get checkraised, well, it sucks to pay a big bet to discover you don't have the odds to chase a gutshot. If somehow you are best, your opponent may let you win anyway if he's unimproved on the river.

I like checking the turn with outs against this guy.