PDA

View Full Version : Burger King

Badboyy
05-22-2005, 12:47 AM
Cross post from OOT... Im actually looking at discussion of fairness in this game... something doesnt seem right.

/images/graemlins/blush.gifSo we got Burger King at the office tonight. They have the Star Wars game pieces " Choose your Destiny " game. If youre not familiar..

On the back of the gamepiece there are two spots to scratch off. One spot is a loser , the other a winner. You can only scratch off one spot , if it said "sorry play again " thats it, you lose. Even if the other spot is a winner the game pice is VOID if you scrathed off the wrong side first. So in order to win you must scratch off the winning spot and have the other spot intact.

This brings problems.

So far I am 0 - 4 . I would have won a cheeseburger , small shake , small shake , onion rings. This i can deal with. But i swear to you if i scratch off the loser and then scatch off what i would have won if i chose my destiny correctly and see that i missed out on the 2 grand or some substancial prize amount , i would have to stick it in someones pooper /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Photoc
05-22-2005, 01:04 AM
Patience young padawan....

yawak
05-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Don't look at the short term results. It's all about the long run. Keep eating! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

http://www.cdmag.com/adventure_vault/e3_adventure_97_part1/shot2big.gif

Thythe
05-22-2005, 09:56 PM
This definitely would not work for the big prizes...but can't you just scratch off the tiniest dot on one of the pieces and if you can tell its a loser, scratch off the other one? I assume that the losing piece says "Sorry, try again." Perhaps you can just barely see the "S" and then scratch off the other one. Your average BK employee might not notice.

jumpthru
05-23-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your average BK employee might not notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your average BK employee also won't be the one paying out the grand prize.

Thythe
05-23-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus the first line of my post that this "definitely would not work for the big prizes."

stigmata
05-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Could use some sort of precision instrument and microscope to scratch the surface in several key places. Or find a way of re-covering the scratched surface.

Shoe
05-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Maybe there is some type of x-ray machine that allows you to see through to the answer.

I'm sure getting cancer would be worth a few shakes and cheeseburgers.

kyro
05-24-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading Comprehension: D-

hehe

smartalecc5
05-25-2005, 08:44 PM
im curious, is there a soltuiopn to this?

treeofwisdom7
05-26-2005, 05:41 PM
maybe if we use a certian type of lighting we could see the results

Benal
05-26-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im curious, is there a soltuiopn to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just send 'em all to me. I was 2/2 today, and 3/4 last time /images/graemlins/grin.gif

silkyslim
05-27-2005, 08:00 AM
stop eating so much burger king.

AlphaWice
05-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Actually, there are a number of solutions.

Firstly, the strategy of scratching off a little works for two reasons.

Reason 1. The million dollar prize is always printed on both spaces on the ticket. This is common in all similar games: the reason is, there is more negative publicity than it is worth if someone 'loses a $1m prize because of BK'.

Reason 2. If you are scratching a tiny piece from one square, you were going to scratch there anyways. So it doesn't hurt you to employ this strategy.

Secondly, suppose there are T tickets with a prize in the top area, and B tickets with a prize in the bottom area. If you believe that the set of all tickets has T = B (which seems reasonable), then: consider that when you see a ticket marked T, the pool of remaining tickets has more B tickets than T tickets, and thus it is better (probabilistically) to pick B.

other1
05-28-2005, 03:04 PM
You are all missing the easy solution..

USE THE FORCE!

Wilbix
05-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Could someone calculate the EV for playing this contest? I need to know if it is high enough to make up for the McDeal savings I will lose if I switch.