PDA

View Full Version : Burger King is rigged !!

Badboyy
05-22-2005, 12:34 AM
So we got Burger King at the office tonight. They have the Star Wars game pieces " Choose your Destiny " game. If youre not familiar..

On the back of the gamepiece there are two spots to scratch off. One spot is a loser , the other a winner. You can only scratch off one spot , if it said "sorry play again " thats it, you lose. Even if the other spot is a winner the game pice is VOID if you scrathed off the wrong side first. So in order to win you must scratch off the winning spot and have the other spot intact.

This brings problems.

So far I am 0 - 4 . I would have won a cheeseburger , small shake , small shake , onion rings. This i can deal with. But i swear to you if i scratch off the loser and then scatch off what i would have won if i chose my destiny correctly and see that i missed out on the 2 grand or some substancial prize amount , i would have to stick it in someones pooper /images/graemlins/blush.gif

2+2 wannabe
05-22-2005, 12:50 AM
that would suck

as an aside, i raised my onion rings PF - and got sucked out by small fries on the river - R1GG3D!

Blarg
05-22-2005, 12:57 AM
Too bad the prizes are so lame -- small shake, small fries, hash browns, whatever. Those prizes aren't really even worth claiming.

2+2 wannabe
05-22-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Too bad the prizes are so lame -- small shake, small fries, hash browns, whatever. Those prizes aren't really even worth claiming.

[/ QUOTE ]

with mcdonalds it's usually the egg mcmuffin or hash browns - the two things i'm not ever awake in the morning for

mmmmmmm small shake /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

somethingstupid
05-22-2005, 02:07 AM
fold pf

TStoneMBD
05-22-2005, 02:15 AM
use the force. trust your instincts.

Dead
05-22-2005, 02:55 AM
Happy birthday, my lesbian friend.

JTG51
05-22-2005, 03:23 AM
Your sample size is too small. I'm 4-4 so combined, we're right at our long term expectation.

Jack of Arcades
05-22-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your sample size is too small. I'm 4-4 so combined, we're right at our long term expectation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. There's no luck involved in this. You are clearly extremely talented at this and should play it every chance you get; you will never lose.

mantasm
05-22-2005, 03:35 AM
When I was a kid topps had these scratch off cards where if you scratched off the right base you'd win a pack of gold cards. Me and my dad bought a case of the normal cards and used a flashlight behind the scratch off part to win on all of the cards. So, do that. Sucker.

dozer
05-22-2005, 03:38 AM
I am 2-2,you must be on a downswing or something

Sponger15SB
05-22-2005, 03:38 AM
Yeah I'm like 3 for 40 in the Dr. Pepper "Win one under the cap" game which is suppose to be 1 in 6.

Also, to make matters worse, I have managed to accidentally throw away all 3 without thinking.

Also, to make matters worse than that, I have managed to keep all 37 other ones in the foot space for my passenger seat in my car.

Sponger15SB
05-22-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I was a kid topps had these scratch off cards where if you scratched off the right base you'd win a pack of gold cards. Me and my dad bought a case of the normal cards and used a flashlight behind the scratch off part to win on all of the cards. So, do that. Sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah back in like 5th grade when I played MTG, in the 4th edition (??, it was after unlimited) we would look though all the packages at our comic book store by moving the back few cards in the package so you could see the name of the "rare" card you got.

I think we did it for every single package of every box.

Suckers.

JTG51
05-22-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong. There's no luck involved in this. You are clearly extremely talented at this and should play it every chance you get; you will never lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right. It's not like I was just guessing. I based my picks on a well thought out strategy.

Imagine all the money this is going to save me?

Blarg
05-22-2005, 04:08 AM
You'll blow it all on cardiac surgeons.

Dead
05-22-2005, 04:41 AM
This kid(rich bastard) gave me a Black Lotus in return for doing his English term paper in 11th grade.

I hear that's a valuable card. But I never played Magic, so I wouldn't know.

youtalkfunny
05-22-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But i swear to you if i scratch off the loser and then scatch off what i would have won if i chose my destiny correctly and see that i missed out on the 2 grand or some substancial prize amount , i would have to stick it in someones pooper /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't HAVE TO scratch off the second spot to see what you would've won. Just tell yourself it's a small fry, and toss it.

theredpill5
05-22-2005, 01:22 PM
wow, didn't know they had free prizes over at BK . Thanks for the tip.

Nottom
05-22-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But i swear to you if i scratch off the loser and then scatch off what i would have won if i chose my destiny correctly and see that i missed out on the 2 grand or some substancial prize amount , i would have to stick it in someones pooper /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't HAVE TO scratch off the second spot to see what you would've won. Just tell yourself it's a small fry, and toss it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always thought how this sort of prize thing would work with truely big prizes. For example, let say that you could win a $-Million.

Think of the terrible PR they would get if someone scratched the wrong side of the winning ticket and then killed themselves. As a result, I've always wondered if the bigger winners would just have both spots be a winner to prevent this from happening.

nervous
05-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Could they possibly have lets say a big winner on one side, and a smaller prize on the other side? If you win the smaller one, you will not scratch off the bigger prize and kill yourself?

Nottom
05-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Yeah, thats a good idea too.