PDA

View Full Version : let's wait until the turn!

topspin
05-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises...</font>

My relative position to the flop bettor doesn't let me protect my hand, so a raise on the flop affords no protection. I decide to call the flop planning to raise a turn blank for value. Thoughts?

Isura
05-22-2005, 12:34 AM
But I'm not sure what hands UTG2 is leading the turn with. If he's got a weaker ace, queen or a flush draw he's probably checking the turn. You're probably only getting bet into on the turn by hands that beat you. I usually raise in this spot.

gharp
05-22-2005, 12:36 AM
I tend to limp AT preflop unless we're shorthanded. I also think raising the flop might give you more value since you don't know that all those callers are sticking around on the turn. Still, looks like it probably turned out OK...

Isura
05-22-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Still, looks like it probably turned out OK...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not too results oriented. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

topspin
05-22-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But I'm not sure what hands UTG2 is leading the turn with. If he's got a weaker ace, queen or a flush draw he's probably checking the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is a weaker ace checking the turn? Any ace that bet the flop can't possibly be scared by the turn blank.

@bsolute_luck
05-22-2005, 12:58 AM
with all those people between you and UTG, i'd wouldn't have waited 'til the turn...but maybe that's just me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Duerig
05-22-2005, 02:20 AM
When I read the title of the post, I was immediatly biased against waiting for the turn. I hate to wait for the turn. I think at micros we get paid off way more often by being aggresive on the flop. That being said, given your position and the preflop action, I do like waiting until the turn in this specific case. Nice hand.

Duerig
05-22-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he's got a weaker ace... he's probably checking the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that I disagree with this statement. Especially after hero just called the flop, villain might put him on something like KQ.