PDA

View Full Version : shorthanded vs ring games

Sinnister
05-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Whats up all, i decided today to play some sh with a chart i got from here nad i must say i made a few hundred bux pretty fast and am contemplating switching. Is shorthanded play as profitable as it seems to me or did i probably just have a good run. I know i can make alot of money cuz ppl overvalue weak aces in shorthanded. Can any 6 max players give me some insight on whether to make the switch to 6 max games or should i stay full?

sy_or_bust
05-21-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i made a few hundred bux pretty fast...is shorthanded play as profitable as it seems to me or did i probably just have a good run.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is 5/10, this is normal variance and means nothing. You get more decisions/hour in SH, it's more exciting, and very profitable..etc.

Essentially everyone starts with full ring, and many still play. Search the forum to get a better idea of 6max; all of your questions have likely been asked and well-answered before.

Sinnister
05-21-2005, 11:53 PM
good response thanks

daryn
05-22-2005, 12:28 AM
a ring game is just a non-tournament game.

you mean shorthanded vs. full games.

Sinnister
05-22-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

most insightful post ever

daryn
05-22-2005, 04:00 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

most insightful post ever

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] i must have missed the memo where it said that every post had to be insightful. i was just correcting your terminology you dumbass. i'm sure you'll soon be destroying the shorthanded games with your preflop chart! i hope you go bust, have a nice life!

TStoneMBD
05-22-2005, 04:43 AM
daryn you seriously just gained a new level of respect from me (serious)

Escape
05-22-2005, 06:09 AM
POTD.

kiddo
05-22-2005, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm sure you'll soon be destroying the shorthanded games with your preflop chart!

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

daryn
05-22-2005, 08:17 PM
daryn has bite sometimes

wackjob
05-22-2005, 08:36 PM
I never started nor have I ever played full games. The only time I play full games is in tournaments or B&amp;M. I think my naturally impatient personality didnt like the somewhat slower pace of full games. That aside, I think you find the same % of fish, and a greater % of player with no patience in SH. One of my biggest leaks when I started to play was not being able to wait for opening hands. After 20-25 folded hands I'd start trying to force bluffs, weak hands, etc. I have corrected this, but find many SH players who do it constantly and have them marked as such.

I can't compare full game vs SH win rates but I doubt there is a big difference for good aggressive players.