PDA

View Full Version : How'd I do

spector
05-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Here it is just me in the BB w/ the villian, villian is 37/9/4
Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

bottomset
05-21-2005, 11:42 PM
uh fold preflop

postflop is spewing most of the time, CC,CC,bet .. let him bet his KK, QQ or worse, save when he does have the A

aK13
05-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Looks pretty overplayed to me. What do you put villain on?

I'd lead the flop, and if raised, I'm taking WA/WB line (call flop, check/call turn, bet river).

EDIT: I don't mind the blind defense.

spector
05-21-2005, 11:48 PM
I think I really should have called the 3 bet on the flop not raised it and then most likely checked the river as well because i knew he would bet. I was way too agressive I think.

(he ended up having A5 making the straght)

Sykes
05-22-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
uh fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

uh no.

call pf and then check/call flop and turn and bet river.

2+2 wannabe
05-22-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks pretty overplayed to me. What do you put villain on?

I'd lead the flop, and if raised, I'm taking WA/WB line (call flop, check/call turn, bet river).

EDIT: I don't mind the blind defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the right answer

(aside - why does the wa/wb line have hero betting the river?)

istewart
05-22-2005, 12:54 AM
You should probably 3-bet preflop.

Duerig
05-22-2005, 02:15 AM
I hate the way you played this. This is classic WA / WB. Try check-call check-call bet. Villain is lose, but only raises 9% of hands, meaning there is a VERY good chance you are dominated here.

PS I'm drunk

Duerig
05-22-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain has KK, they will probably check the river behind us after we call the flop and the turn. If the villain has AK, they will probably be a bit afraid of us suddenly waking up on the river with a bet and just call us (rather than raise). Thus we lose the least when we are behind and make the most when we are ahead.

2+2 wannabe
05-22-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain has KK, they will probably check the river behind us after we call the flop and the turn. If the villain has AK, they will probably be a bit afraid of us suddenly waking up on the river with a bet and just call us (rather than raise). Thus we lose the least when we are behind and make the most when we are ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

k gotcha

do you call a river raise?

Duerig
05-22-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

k gotcha

do you call a river raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll let others elaborate (because I don't know the answer). I think this is largely read dependent though. I wouldn't call a river raise unless I had a really good read on my opponent.

aK13
05-22-2005, 03:18 AM
I've been thinking it over, and I still haven't decided whether to check or bet the flop. I still think a bet is good, as I think he will stick around to see a turn, no matter what he has. Although a check does have it's merits, if you think he will fold to our bet and only raise with hands better than ours (for example, if he wouldn't raise with QQ or KK here).

irishpint
05-22-2005, 04:36 AM
i like the flop checkraise. personally, id have 3bet preflop against a possible blind steal. since you didnt and the flop hit you so hard id check expecting him to bet and then raise him, like you do. i think i call a 3bet and check/call the rest of the way, like others have been saying.

Buck_65
05-22-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should definitely 3-bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

There, fixed your post.

ArturiusX
05-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Bet/call a raise, then check-call till the end.

Preflop is fine to whoever suggested that this isn't the easiest steal in the world /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

NateDog
05-22-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You should definitely 3-bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

There, fixed your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me why.

Fantam
05-22-2005, 09:46 AM
With this hand, it appears that the button could have a pocket pair or an A. I think its unlikely that he raised PF with a hand with a 3, unless it was specifically 33 or A3.

After button 3-bets your flop c/r, I think its most likely that he must have an A with a decent kicker, because he must expect you to have an A also.

I would consider button to most likely have you beaten at this stage, and so I would just call down to the river.

When button c/r the river, you had no option other than to call, but I suspect that you may have lost an extra bet by betting out here.

istewart
05-22-2005, 12:29 PM
When someone is stealing against you, if you're in the SB, you should rarely be calling, and mostly 3-betting in order to eliminate the BB.

NateDog
05-22-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When someone is stealing against you, if you're in the SB, you should rarely be calling, and mostly 3-betting in order to eliminate the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP's first paragraph confused the crap out of me. I thought he was in the BB against a SB steal raise, therefore had position against the raiser.

Shillx
05-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Check/raising the flop might be okay against a tough player, but the flop cap kinda sucks imo. The typical line against an unknown is to check-call/check-raise/bet or check-call/bet/bet but I really like betting into this flop against the person you describe. I actually like betting this flop into most players to tell you the truth. An aggressive player will likely raise somewhere down the line with a worse hand then yours since it just looks like you are trying to buy the pot. Then you can punish him.

Notice that if you bet into this flop with trips, you also have to do so with a lot of hands. Becoming a tough player means that you have to lead into a lot of different flops HU. Weaker players tend to check/call, but the good ones lead out with or without a hand.

Brad