PDA

View Full Version : $55s - AQ on the Bubble

Unarmed
05-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Both UTG and button are good players and have a solid understanding of bubblenomics.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t2674)
Hero (t3224)
BB (t2260)
UTG (t1842)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.

UTG all-in.
Button calls, leaving him with ~800.
Your move.
F*ck how do I make one of those stupid polls?
SKIPPER? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

liucipher
05-21-2005, 10:30 PM
I think this is a push. For reasons I do not know, but because other people responded that way to a similar hand of mine.

<------ does not play well.

runner4life7
05-21-2005, 10:39 PM
I would agree on the push and this is why.
1) You could have the best hand
2) if you dont have the best hand, you still have a high % chance of getting ITM. If the button wins, you still have about 550, not perfect but ITM none the less. If UTG wins you can still beat the button to be in the money and there is a chance the button will fold to your allin which gives you great odds.
Thats just my two cents though

Unarmed
05-21-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm pretty close to being ITM if I fold as well.
If UTG sucks out on Button he has only 800 left with blinds at 250/500.

microbet
05-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Push. If either BB his T500 blind or Button folds, there will be hella dead money in the pot. If BB calls, Button is all the more likely to call and everyone is in and you are the only one that can't bust out.

Unarmed
05-21-2005, 10:53 PM
I'd be shocked if Button folded here.
If he was calling off, say, 20% of his stack I could see him folding a good % of the time.

liucipher
05-21-2005, 11:01 PM
That's what I assumed. But a good percentage of the time he'll fold if it can ensure he gets ITM.

microbet
05-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Hmm... maybe calling is good for you here. That way if no gets anything or bets anything you won't be the short stack on the bubble if the current short stack wins.

Unarmed
05-21-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm pretty sure calling is bad, as Button will put me in on pretty much any flop. FWIW I would have folded AJ pretty quickly.

microbet
05-21-2005, 11:10 PM
I dunno. Button is either saying "please don't put me all in, I just want to play with the smaller stacks" or something similar, like "hey, if you wanna play, call and we'll check it down" or possibly "I have AA or KK, come over the top sucka."

Don't you think one of the first two are more likely?

Unarmed
05-21-2005, 11:13 PM
I think the first two are much more likely if Button is a fish and/or the call wasn't such a massive chunk of his stack.

curtains
05-21-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure calling is bad, as Button will put me in on pretty much any flop. FWIW I would have folded AJ pretty quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This point you made is almost totally irrelevant. You of course will call the buttons allin on every flop (or move allin yourself), and if you go allin preflop the button will obviously call.

Unarmed
05-21-2005, 11:22 PM
So SNG and hope that button folds his AK on a whiffed flop right? Your smrt curtains /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Freudian
05-21-2005, 11:24 PM
I would fold here. No matter how the hand ends you are in good shape if you fold. Against one of them I would call.

AK I would call with here.

curtains
05-22-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So SNG and hope that button folds his AK on a whiffed flop right? Your smrt curtains /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Really the only thing I'm saying is that there is almost no disadvantage to calling preflop as opposed to raising.

valenzuela
05-22-2005, 12:49 AM
doh, I see stupid question but this is too much, u just check the box where it says " make a poll". /images/graemlins/blush.gif

ekky
05-22-2005, 12:51 AM
With one guy all in.... its a lot more likely that it will get checked to the river.. giving you a probable view at 5 cards without investing the other 800 (or whatever the difference is)

I think this is why I would just call if I had to choose between raising/calling.

On the surface it seems a lot better then re-raising.. (although in all circumstances id call a jam on the flop if that did occur)

Unarmed
05-22-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
doh, I see stupid question but this is too much, u just check the box where it says " make a poll". /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you make all my polls from now on and in return I'll play a couple 11s for you?