PDA

View Full Version : confused about training the SB to fold

liucipher
05-21-2005, 09:22 PM
I did some searches and couldn't find a post dedicated solely to this topic, but I've definitely seen a lot of comments about "training the SB to fold to you" when he limps.

I think I've been overgeneralizing this strategy and wanted to make sure. If the SB flat completes, does this mean it's time to bop him on the nose and say "bad SB. BAD." Or do I need some sort of raising range to do this? Should I be reserving this for the later levels when the blinds are meaningful or the lower levels as well when I can "train him cheap?" Thanks for any clearing this up ...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t465)
Button (t2065)
SB (t1130)
Hero (t920)
UTG (t3420)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, SB completes, Hero??

DasLeben
05-21-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the SB flat completes, does this mean it's time to bop him on the nose and say "bad SB. BAD."

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much how I look at it. If I know SB is decently tight, I'll just push any two against him if he or I have &lt;10BB. This move works a large amount of the time, and it's fun. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

If SB completes the next orbit, I'll push on him again. That's kind of like spraying your cat with a water bottle to keep it from clawing at the couch. Now if SB completes a third time, I start to get suspicious and may check.

Also, I've only been trapped this way once. SB completed, I pushed trash, and he called with aces. Whoops.

liucipher
05-21-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I've only been trapped this way once. SB completed, I pushed trash, and he called with aces. Whoops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. "Whoops." is exactly what I wrote in the chat box on the K2s hand when he showed AA.