PDA

View Full Version : correct to push here

treeofwisdom7
05-21-2005, 09:14 PM
i was in a non turbo Stars game. not sure how to get my hand history yet so i'll write this one out..

BLind T200

UTG - T6000? Fold
UTG2- T4,300? Fold
B- T2,400 Fold
SB - T1,100 push 810o
BB - T1,300 Call

1)should i just push with any cards in the SB?
2)should i wait for a different hand and if so what kind of hand?
3)Just push in next BB?

DasLeben
05-21-2005, 09:26 PM
I'll push any two against a reasonably tight player from the SB. Honestly, you could push a lot worse than T8o here and it'd be correct. I loooove pushing trash from the SB.

liucipher
05-21-2005, 09:41 PM
1.) any two, pretty much. you have <6xBB and you are not in an odd bubble situation yet. even it is was 23o I shrug, push, sit back, and wait for the inevitable suckout.
2.) see above.
3.) do that too. you should be a bottomless blinds pit until you lose all fold equity.

DasLeben
05-21-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
even it is was 23o I shrug, push, sit back, and wait for the inevitable suckout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Connectors are some of my favorite hands to steal with, even unsuited. You can really have some fun with them. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now push 72o and grin as you watch BB go into the tank and muck KTo. Bahahah.

liucipher
05-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Stupid question: People always talk about 72o being the worst hand in poker. I can see how that is if you're playing a flop or are multi-handed. But heads up, I'm pretty sure 32o is by far the worst holding to have. Y/N?

72o vs. a random hand: 34.6%
32o vs. a random hand: 32.3%

treeofwisdom7
05-22-2005, 02:15 AM
i was thinking i should push here with anytwo cards.. but i pushed the last SB against him too..so i was thinking maybe i should take one off? he might be more inclined to call me with worse hands if i raise the SB again.. he had A10 which dominated me but in most cases if he calls with worse im usually a 40-60 dog which isnt too bad.

i use cardplayers card analysis thing.. are there any programs that can show you odds of a hand say 108 against multiple hands ex. AXs KXs ect..?

liucipher
05-22-2005, 02:27 AM
PokerStove (http://www.pokerstove.com) -
Beautiful program. Better than that, it's free.

If you're willing to pay $79, EastBay has a program (http://sitngo-analyzer.com/) that will do ICM calculations on the fly as well as other stuff. As I understand it, it automates what you can do here (http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~sharnett/ICM/ICM.html) for free so you don't have to run everything through PokerStove and type everything in. Read the links on that page if you dont know what ICM is.

Welcome to the SNG world of being a push/fold monkey. Go back to cash games while you still can /images/graemlins/wink.gif

treeofwisdom7
05-22-2005, 02:49 AM
thanks i understand ICM just need to know where to find pokerstove..
GL..

McMelchior
05-22-2005, 03:04 AM
How to make sure you always have your hand histories on PStars:

1. Click the chip tray
2. Select "Instant Hand History".
3. Select "Options"
4. Check "Save my hand history"
5. All your hand histories will be automatically saved in the specified directory.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)