PDA

View Full Version : DONT PLAY UB

treeofwisdom7
05-21-2005, 08:41 PM
i just switched over to Poker stars. but i always played at UB and sometimes at FTP. FTP had some soft action sometimes. But Poker stars now this is a site with lots of soft action i can feel the advantage in my regular 10$ n 5$ sit n gos. The UB games are way to solid. At the 5$ level if you have an edge it is always small .. but on stars ive gotten a good run to start off with. I guess party would be even softer at these low limits.

conclusion- if you play at UB maybe its time to think about going to another site

valenzuela
05-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Ure supposed to play on party.

treeofwisdom7
05-21-2005, 08:48 PM
never got my BR past the 10's and right now im on the 5's.. when i get BR-20's then i'll prolly move to PP. but ive only played 20 on PS so far -- so i'll report back on the difference in my roi in 1k games . /images/graemlins/smile.gif

madisonpj
05-21-2005, 08:56 PM
I play pp and the action is definately soft, but my buddy started playing at poker room. He said they have soft games and good software, though he's a noob.

Could anyone tell me if Pokerroom is worth the switch.

Sam T.
05-21-2005, 09:05 PM
I've been playing over at Stars for the bonus, and started out on a Turbo Heater.

Then 15 in a row OOTM.

On-line poker is rigged.

DasLeben
05-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Eh, I guarantee Party is just as soft as Stars (or even more so), and UB (I used to play there) isn't as tough as you think. UB players are notoriously tight, but far from being solid.

Why wait until you have a BR for the $22s to move to Party? The sooner you make the switch to the Party structure, the sooner you're going to be able to get used to it. The style of play is considerably different from deep-stack SNGs, so you may find it tough to jump right into an 800 chip structure and do well. Just a thought.

treeofwisdom7
05-21-2005, 09:19 PM
my BR feels comfortable in the 5$ which i cant play at party. so i'll let it grow to 22s so if i need to go down a limit i can.. instead of jumping to 10s and having to move sites again.

Phill S
05-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Not the worst theory in the world regarding dropping down.

As a bit of a thread hijack, i play at Pokerroom (well, BetonBet, one of its skins) and find them to be very profitable.

The software however is slow and clunky. But that might just be cos my laptop is slow and clunky. Only when i upgrade will i truely know either way.

The players are no better than party players. In fact, by the games being slower and play requiring more than just pushing preflop, even in pretty late stages, your edge over the weak players is magnified.

Saabpo, every 2+2er's favourite bot, would not turn a profit in Pokerroom. Not as much as party anyway.

I believe, that having tried most of the major sites, including stars and party as the ones named in this thread, Pokerroom is the most profitable site ive played on yet.

The rakeback and ability to work of bonuses using SnGs is a great thing too.

My theory, just try a few sites and find whats right for you. You'll make mistakes, we all do, but one you find whats right for you, ignore what others say. One to a hand and one to an opinion.

Oh, and whatever you choose, choose one with rakeback - or at a push if choosing stars take out the max you can on all their bonuses.

Find what works for you. Push folding level 4 onwards didnt work for me, maybe like most here, it will for you. Maybe you want ten minutes a level like stars, maybe 10 hands is more your bag. Hell, why not try 5 or 6 handed SnGs? The choice is endless.

Find your path young padowan, find your path.

Phill

Blarg
05-21-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play pp and the action is definately soft, but my buddy started playing at poker room. He said they have soft games and good software, though he's a noob.

Could anyone tell me if Pokerroom is worth the switch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I REALLY dislike the super tiny checkboxes on Pokerroom.

Maybe they're fine if you're playing one table at 800x600 or something, but I'm on a 19-inch monitor with 4 tables on it. Pokerroom's boxes are just too unforgivingly small when you're doing that.

Phill S
05-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Thats why the F keys are a great feature.

Keyboard based poker, its the future, ive tasted it.

Just turn the 'pop-up to front feature', click on the table when its your turn and hit that keyboard.

Phill

Blarg
05-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Thanks, I just did that now. Hadn't known about that feature.

elonkra
05-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Aren't all of the games at PokerStars nine-handed?

TruFloridaGator
05-21-2005, 11:17 PM
FT remains good for me, but it's going to be impossible to play the 22s there, not enough people. I can get a rakeback @ UB but not at PS, so which should I switch to when I move to the 22s? Or should I multi the 11s at FT first?

Big Limpin'
05-21-2005, 11:31 PM
I have been having no problems multitabling the 22s at FT, aside from the very off peak hours. During prime time quadding the 55s works even.

LeVoodoo
05-21-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FT remains good for me, but it's going to be impossible to play the 22s there, not enough people. I can get a rakeback @ UB but not at PS, so which should I switch to when I move to the 22s? Or should I multi the 11s at FT first?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you consider PokerRoom? Similar blind structure, and rakeback as well.

TruFloridaGator
05-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Serious? I had just kind of glanced at the 22s & didn't ever notice them filling up. Well that's good news.

TruFloridaGator
05-22-2005, 12:15 AM
No, I didn't, now I do. Thanks.

krabby5
05-22-2005, 12:23 AM
I am most comfortable at Pokerroom, too...more idiots (which make for more bad beats, though)

I find Fulltilt very difficult because they seem too tight...it usually becomes an all-in fest with 5-6 left..

TruFloridaGator
05-22-2005, 12:31 AM
FT is tight quite often, but I don't mind it, a lot more FE most often, so if I haven't picked up a hand, I can steal AI enough to stay alive until I get a hand. I just have to push a bit sooner, because the bigger stacks let fish they can call AIs a bit sooner, which turns out to be great, but you have to take in to account a little more on FT it seems.
I have a +6.1% survival of the bubble, not too bad. If anything right now my problem is HU. Too many 2nds.

treeofwisdom7
05-22-2005, 02:06 AM
WOW FTP has the looses games i ever played.. but stars is kind of soft .. have played long enuf

TruFloridaGator
05-22-2005, 02:07 AM
FTP is no way Loose, but it can be at times & very tight at times.