PDA

View Full Version : AKo live 4/8 hand

sweetjazz
05-21-2005, 07:54 PM
This hand is from a 4/8 game at Foxwoods the other day. UTG+1 had just sat down at the table about 8 hands ago, and had yet to enter a pot.

I pick up A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG. I raise, UTG+1 calls, button calls, all else fold.

Flop is K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet, UTG+1 calls, button folds.

Turn is J /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I bet, UTG+1 raises.

What's my action?

Pokey
05-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Call down.

The Goober
05-21-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweetjazz
05-22-2005, 04:22 AM
Okay, I wanted to make sure this is pretty routine.

In my LAGgier days, I might have raised here, which is by far the worst option.

I actually think it's close between calling down and folding here, or it would be if I had a more definitive read on my villain as being passive. I don't think many live 4/8 players at Foxwoods would raise the turn with a hand that I am beating, and I probably am drawing to 2 outs (or 1 out for a split pot, as KJ is a pretty likely hand for villain given that he cold-called UTG+1).

As it turned out, I had 4 outs, as villain had 66, but I didn't improve on the river and called his river bet. I just wanted to make sure that the call down is routine here. I think I'd have no problem folding QQ in this spot, though. The possibility that villain was being aggressive with AK or KQ is what makes calling down okay, I think. Plus the loose call for table image reasons has some merit, I suppose.