PDA

View Full Version : AK against unknown SB who really likes his hand

brettbrettr
05-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Hmm, SB in this hand is unknown. I was planning on raising a safe turn card, but I don't think the Q qualified. I"m not saying I gave this guy credit for the flush. 2 pair seemed much more likely to me. Anyone put in one more raise?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

jason_t
05-21-2005, 07:51 PM
I would 3-bet the flop. You've shown a lot of strength already, no need to get tricky.

brettbrettr
05-21-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would 3-bet the flop. You've shown a lot of strength already, no need to get tricky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the c/r scared me a little, especially since I had capped pre-flop.

oreogod
05-21-2005, 08:00 PM
I 3-bet the flop.

If we go with your two pair read, its either AT or AQ and its unlikely he would three bet AT...it could happen, but not so sure thats so. And if he has AQ u'd want to three bet the flop.

The only possible hands I see out there that beat u given the action is AA, TT, AQ or AT. He could also have AK.

I think u played it fine.

oreogod
05-21-2005, 08:02 PM
With his preflop action, and this is depending on the type of player he is (tight, loose, etc) I dont think he can have the flush in this situation. I find it too likely he has something else.

jason_t
05-21-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why would you plan on raising a safe turn card? Unless you had a strong read on this guy I don't see a reason to slow down yet.

oreogod
05-21-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why would you plan on raising a safe turn card? Unless you had a strong read on this guy I don't see a reason to slow down yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

True.

PS. Whenever this thread dies down, Id be intrested to see what the results are.

KDawgCometh
05-21-2005, 08:25 PM
I'm threebetting that flop in a heartbeat. Its HU, and the only hands we are worried about on the flop are AA and TT, as those could be the only logical hands that would threebet PF that beat us. I don't think that someone threebets out of the sb w/A10s there. The Q definetly sucks on the turn. The problem is that we have no clue where we are in the hand since we didn't three bet the flop

chesspain
05-21-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that we have no clue where we are in the hand since we didn't three bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the end of the world to be able to call down HU...especially if he also has AK, but with the K of spades, and so is freerolling us.

brettbrettr
05-23-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PS. Whenever this thread dies down, Id be intrested to see what the results are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villan showed A9 and MHIG.