PDA

View Full Version : How you would change star wars 1-3

[censored]
05-21-2005, 07:33 PM
I think it was Duke who said that if he could "fix" episodes 2&3 they would score a 10 and that episode 1 could be fixed to a 7.

There have been other posts as well about fixing this or that.

So if you could "fix" and "problems" with the any or all of the movies what would you change how and why?

Luzion
05-21-2005, 07:37 PM
For Episode 1, take out Jar Jar and that idiot stupid annoying kid that plays Anakin. Too bad the only way to do this is to pretty much not even make the movie.

bisonbison
05-21-2005, 07:47 PM
I would fix those films the way Mrs. O'Leary's cow fixed Chicago.

jakethebake
05-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Put it in her pooper.

KDawgCometh
05-21-2005, 07:51 PM
I think that you need to make Anikan a little older in episode 1. Him being nine to Padme's 16/17 is just too much of an age gap. There needs to be a second comic foil to offset JarJar

jakethebake
05-21-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For Episode 1, take out Jar Jar and that idiot stupid annoying kid that plays Anakin. Too bad the only way to do this is to pretty much not even make the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's too bad at all. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[censored]
05-21-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that you need to make Anikan a little older in episode 1. Him being nine to Padme's 16/17 is just too much of an age gap. There needs to be a second comic foil to offset JarJar

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think 1 could have been much better if Anakin was instead 13-14. This would have closed the age gap problem and rid the movie of annoying little kid factor. Additionally, Anakin could have then already started doing cool force things and his helping out in the starfighter would have been more intential instead of coming across like some freak bad beat. Thus by the time 2 roles around he is already a bad ass, allowing the turning process to start earlier and be more profound.

eric5148
05-21-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fix those films the way Mrs. O'Leary's cow fixed Chicago.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a start, but not good enough. I'd fix Star Wars the way the atomic bomb fixed Hiroshima.

Duke
05-21-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it was Duke who said that if he could "fix" episodes 2&3 they would score a 10 and that episode 1 could be fixed to a 7.

There have been other posts as well about fixing this or that.

So if you could "fix" and "problems" with the any or all of the movies what would you change how and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mainly fixing the script. I'll think more on this after pokering today and write up something more specific.

~D

TStoneMBD
05-21-2005, 09:28 PM
episode 1:

get rid of jaja, hes not needed. i didnt really think the boy was annoying, although i suppose it would have been better if he was 14 or so instead. he then could have been a vital part of the combat scene at the end of the movie instead of the idiot who kid in the plane the whole time piloting it like a donkey.

mace windu should have had some fight scenes. yoda should have done some powerful jedi tricks like the ones at the end of episode 2 and througout episode 3.

episode 2:

pretty great movie imo, ive seen it like a million times. mace windu should have had a better fight scene in this as well.

episode 3:

already been discussed in the official thread. quick outlines-

less save padmay nonsense. better transition for anakin to darth. less long, boring dialogue scene, more action. that "noooooo" scene with vader was dumb. the fight scene between anakin and obi-wan was too long in my opinion, as obi-wan shouldn't have been able to last that long if he can't last 2 seconds when facing duku with the help of anakin even. i dont understand why it is that anakin was out in this molten type atmosphere in which there is a volcano actively exploding or whatever. i also thought the whole molten thing was a cliche of the darkside, but a pretty poor one at that imo.

RunDownHouse
05-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Not cast Natalie Portman.

Seriously, she was AWFUL in Episode 3. Horrible.

[censored]
05-21-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not cast Natalie Portman.

Seriously, she was AWFUL in Episode 3. Horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! I completely agree she was horrible in Episode 3. I'm not sure why as she was good part 1 and very good in part 2. I wonder if it had much to do with her character being scaled back and virtually ignored in Episode 3.

Also I am the only one who noticed that she looked absolutely hideous in the her first appearence in episode 3. It was quite disturbing.

I think it is too bad Padame was not used much in part 3 as I thought her character in parts 1 & 2 was all about doing something and sitting back where things are safe. I would have liked to see her perhaps working on the initial stages of the rebellion with the jimmy smitts character.

TStoneMBD
05-21-2005, 10:34 PM
she wasnt horrible in episode 3, she was very good imo. to each his own i suppose. pretty much anytime you see someone have a heartbroken disposition you see people jump on them for being terrible actors. the scene in which she was like "anakin, youve broken my heart" or whatever was very believable.

i dont think that she did a poor job, but more that the lines for padmay were relatively poor. i blame lucas not portman.

[censored]
05-21-2005, 10:45 PM
I think I finally put my finger on what was missing in 1-3 and I think it is the natural humor and smuggness that came with the Han Solo character. Instead of the natural humor he gave movies 4-6, we instead were treated to slap stick humor ala JaJa or lame one liner from 3PO or the battle droids.

So along with an older Anakin of 13-14, I would ditch Jar Jar and replace him with a mid 30's human character similar to many of the action hero's played by Will Smith. Someone cocky, funny and brash capable of being funny on his own, perhaps a Bobby the Brain Heenan type for those familar with WWF. I would keep the same general premise of the character being an outcast from his home people perhaps for being some type of conman. This character would then have been capable of being carried over into episodes 2&3.

If that was too complicated than the role Jar Jar plays in episode 1 could of entirely been replaced by 3PO & R2d2

[censored]
05-21-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i dont think that she did a poor job, but more that the lines for padmay were relatively poor. i blame lucas not portman.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lean in this direction as well because she did a good job in the first two and has proven to be a very good actress in other films. It doesnt make sense that she would just stop trying.

I think it is a combination of lines and a rather dull role this time around.

[censored]
05-22-2005, 03:03 AM
Another change from Episode 1. I didn't think Darth Maul one of the coolest SW characters ever was used very well. We basically got one short fight scene with Qui Gon and then a very good extended Jedi Battle at the end. I think it would have been much better as with the Jedi and droid soldiers, Darth Maul would have had a few fight scenes where is easily utterly kicks ass over some of Padame's gaurds. Leading up to the final light saber duel with Maul, Obi Wan and Qui Gon.

Also the more I think about it the more the Jar Jar character was not needed at all. Instead you simply insert CP3O in earlier, the Jedi save him from Separtist and in return he helps lead them to Padame. 3PO provides the comic relief and a lighter touch for children. Instead of having the gungans helping, the Jedi council dispatches some faceless Jedi to help out, giving the audience an earlier glipse of the Jedi at war.

3rdEye
05-22-2005, 03:20 AM
Natalie Portman would be naked. Twice.

pryor15
05-22-2005, 04:54 AM
1. start from scratch.

2. commission new scripts from an actual writer.

3. hire a better director.

4. ditch the effects unless needed.

jcmack13
05-22-2005, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Natalie Portman would be . Twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

jcmack13
05-22-2005, 05:26 AM
Don't make episodes I or II.

take "NOOOOOOO!" out of three. retarded. Also, cast someone more badass than hayden christensen as darth []ing vader. He's darth []ing vader. if you don't eat glass and [] dynamite, you aren't enough of a badass to be darth []ing vader.

jstnrgrs
05-22-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another change from Episode 1. I didn't think Darth Maul one of the coolest SW characters ever was used very well. We basically got one short fight scene with Qui Gon and then a very good extended Jedi Battle at the end. I think it would have been much better as with the Jedi and droid soldiers, Darth Maul would have had a few fight scenes where is easily utterly kicks ass over some of Padame's gaurds. Leading up to the final light saber duel with Maul, Obi Wan and Qui Gon.

Also the more I think about it the more the Jar Jar character was not needed at all. Instead you simply insert CP3O in earlier, the Jedi save him from Separtist and in return he helps lead them to Padame. 3PO provides the comic relief and a lighter touch for children. Instead of having the gungans helping, the Jedi council dispatches some faceless Jedi to help out, giving the audience an earlier glipse of the Jedi at war.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please surround your appositives with commas. This way, I wouldn't have to read the sentance 2 or three times to figure out what you mean.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think Darth Maul, one of the coolest SW characters ever, was used very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerFink
05-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Haven't read the rest of this thread, but I think casting a few people who can actually act in key roles would help.

They should have saved Liam Neeson to play Obi-Wan in episodes 2/3.