PDA

View Full Version : QJs - foot on the gas

donger
05-21-2005, 07:29 PM
BB is a fish and a half, and probably just peeling on the flop with god-knows-what. PFR is 30.7/7.61 but plays passively postflop.
With only ~5k hands under my belt, i'm still getting a feel for these situations. This feels a little spew-ish. Is this standard, or should I find the muck preflop?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>..

cab4656
05-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Against someone with a PFR of 8 I let it go preflop.

I also don't bet the turn with only overcards here. I would use my position and take a free card. We need to improve, we don't want a free showdown. The pot is getting pretty big and enough went in preflop that I think you very very rarely take it down with a turn bet, definitely not enough to make it worth betting.

ozyman
05-21-2005, 07:39 PM
To a 7% pfr I am mucking this preflop.
Maybe a little weak but I think I check behind on the turn there and fold to any river bet unless I pair up.

donger
05-21-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To a 7% pfr I am mucking this preflop.
Maybe a little weak but I think I check behind on the turn there and fold to any river bet unless I pair up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're probably right. Thinking about it further, the ~30/7 stats suggest that there isn't much larceny in this players' heart.

Against a typical 27/18 TAGish type, I think this would be a more standard play. Your positional advantage combines with his likely range of hands to create a lot better situation.

Chris Daddy Cool
05-21-2005, 08:04 PM
fold preflop.

marand
05-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Against someone who raises less than 8% preflop this is a very very easy fold preflop. I would fold this preflop against a TAG (someone who raises 15-20% preflop). In that situation is it not as clear as against this "non-stealer", but QJs is not really that good HU.