PDA

View Full Version : varience in the mini step 5's- need help from the math guys!

lacky
05-21-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm wondering what the affect of the 50%, 25%, 12.5%, 7.5%, 5% would be on varience. Do the minor prizes for 4th and 5th decrease it, or does the lower payouts for 2nd and 3rd actually increase it.

Basicaly I'm trying to figure out what the bankroll requirements for these would be. (assume direct buyin at step 5)

so 50x buyins at the $215 would be comperable to how many buyins with mini step structure?

Steve

Blarg
05-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Could this be like Reverend Jim in Taxi puffing his first joint or Barney in The Simpsons quaffing his first beer?

Uh oh ... I hope you're not going to be doing Pai Gow freeze-outs with raptor next... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Apathy
05-21-2005, 08:26 PM
I think 50 buyins should be plenty... variance is reduced but very high roi's are also harder to acheive. I would say that whatever BR you feel comfortable with at the 215s, the same number of buyins would be ok for mini step 5s, even though I feel the skill level in mini step 5s is much higher in general, and the lack of signifigant bubble cuts out a skilled SNGer edge, the flat structure makes it harder to make a killing but also harder to go broke.

Make sure you have a good rakeback deal /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Also I would be concerned about a $/hour drop playing these unlesss you don't care about 1-2 tabling only.

raptor517
05-21-2005, 08:42 PM
first off apathy, get online so i can talk about canada.

second off, there are almost always 3-4 tables running during the day of the step 5 minis, so multitabling wouldnt be that hard. also, rakeback would be to the tune of 30 bucks an hour also, which cant exactly hurt too much.

you are 100% dead on about the dead bubble. thats the only problem i see about these. i already play super agressive, so playing for first wouldnt be a problem at all.

also, while playingthe 3-4 tables of step 5 minis, you can play your normal 4 tables of 215s or whatever. also, i think the step 5 minis are EASIER in general than the 215s. why? i duno, people work their way up i guess? from what i have seen, they are just a bit softer.

i duno, im kinda blathering right now, i hope more ppl post thoughts. holla