PDA

View Full Version : Forum Analysis vs. Live Play

waynethetrain
05-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Anyone besides me believe they think out hands much better in this forum than they do in live play?

It seems to me that many of the little details of the hand can get lost without the hand printed out and without any time pressure to make a decision/play. I've been replaying many of my hands using PT and some of my errors seem obvious when I have the time to really think about how the hand developed and who did what when.

If I am having this problem playing 1 hand at a time from time to time, then 4 tablers have to be having the same problem.

Any suggestions on how to be more focused during play and how to maximize decision making time?

KingOtter
05-21-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone besides me believe they think out hands much better in this forum than they do in live play?

It seems to me that many of the little details of the hand can get lost without the hand printed out and without any time pressure to make a decision/play. I've been replaying many of my hands using PT and some of my errors seem obvious when I have the time to really think about how the hand developed and who did what when.

If I am having this problem playing 1 hand at a time from time to time, then 4 tablers have to be having the same problem.

Any suggestions on how to be more focused during play and how to maximize decision making time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about this the other day and wondering if the game rooms would print out like Bison's converted if I would play it differently.

Often I go to post a hand, put it into bison's converter, paste it into the post and look at it and say, 'Bah, there's the problem.'

But I look at it like athletes use muscle training. The forum is the gym, the practice field, the batting cage, the driving range. Exercising the muscles so that when it happens for real it becomes automatic, and reflexive, rather than thinking it all through.

The main reason is the time limit of real time play. That beeping in your ear is very disruptive for thinking through it. Plus, I'm a very big believer in acting fast so that your opponent acts fast. The more I appear to think things through, the more HE might think thing through.

That's probably all in my head, though.

KO

toss
05-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Sometimes when I have a decision to make I'll think "What would the guys at 2+2 say?"

bottomset
05-21-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes when I have a decision to make I'll think "What would the guys at 2+2 say?"

[/ QUOTE ]

answer is always raise right

toss
05-21-2005, 07:08 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Close its raise PF.

Rev. Good Will
05-21-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

funny, I always picture people saying "fold PF" *cough* Dureg *cough*

Rev. Good Will
05-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Agreed /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I need some light shown on this topic too. Usually, (much like King Otter said), I just end up looking at my play on the converter to see it more clearly.

Duerig
05-21-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

funny, I always picture people saying "fold PF" *cough* Dureg *cough*

[/ QUOTE ]

Being weak-tight is the new slowplaying.