PDA

View Full Version : 2nd in chips, folded to me on Button (AKo)

Shakespeare
05-21-2005, 05:40 PM
This is $55, 4 left, I am 2nd in chips and cover the biggest blind by 800 and have AKo on the Button, its folded to me.

I decide to push. After thinking a while, the SB (tight) makes a loose call with A2o and catches his two on the river, Such is life. This got me thinking on how I could have played this differently, not because I think it’s a bad play (?) but because of what I had been doing previous to this hand.

I had push a few other hands with 4 left, it was folded each time. When the AK came up, maybe I should have made a different play instead of pushing? maybe raise 1/2 of their stacks, and put them all in on the flop (no matter what). The only problem I can see with the 1/2 stack bet, is if they use the stop and go play.

So basically my question is, should I still have pushed, or is there a better way to play this?

Sorry, I think the blinds were about 150/300, maybe more.

Eihli
05-21-2005, 05:43 PM
blinds

Shakespeare
05-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Thanks for picking up on that,l I have changed the post.

I think the blinds were about 150/300, maybe more

J-Lo
05-21-2005, 06:10 PM
If this was at party it is a fine push. You do not want to play your monsters any differently from you steal hands. I say "if this was at party..." becaus stack sizes matter too. Try and post hands in the manner that others on this board do. Link to bison's hand convertor, best used to make stack sizes easier to read... link (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)