PDA

View Full Version : 42s in bb....Hero a donk again?

captZEEbo1
05-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($1484)
Button ($1161.45)
SB ($175)
Hero ($2075.25)
UTG ($1072)
UTG+1 ($373.5)
MP1 ($1738.75)
MP2 ($592)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($35) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($35) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, MP1 calls $25, Button folds.

River: ($85) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $82</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $164</font>, Hero calls $82.

Final Pot: $413

xorbie
05-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Not horrible. I'm certainly not good enough to lay this down, and I think it's wrong anyway getting 4:1.

captZEEbo1
05-22-2005, 05:37 AM
villain with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif for the straight. I feel like these min raises with hands like that suck. Should I be reraising his raise and folding to an allin? It's not fair that he can get extra value out of his good hands and not be punished unless I have the absolute nuts. Anyone reraise this?

Ole16
05-22-2005, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
villain with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif for the straight. I feel like these min raises with hands like that suck. Should I be reraising his raise and folding to an allin? It's not fair that he can get extra value out of his good hands and not be punished unless I have the absolute nuts. Anyone reraise this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You think a hand you beat will call a raise?
You dont want to get a showdown here with a babyflush?
I in no way understand your statement about 'being fair' ???

BluffTHIS!
05-22-2005, 06:00 AM
Yes capt you are a donk. Primarily for not betting the turn to prevent/charge for a 4th diamond coming, and secondarily for whining about not punishing a player when you are not sufficiently aggressive to do so, albeit in a situation where you were out of position. You should have bet the turn, and if you got no further action then so be it - this was an unraised small pot anyway, and a bet might just elicit a call from two overcards with one big diamond. In the situation as described, I would have min re-raised myself and folded to a very large re-raise.

Sorry, I misread the post and did not see you did bet out. My other comments about river action and whining still apply.

emil3000
05-22-2005, 06:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes capt you are a donk. Primarily for not betting the turn to prevent/charge for a 4th diamond coming, and secondarily for whining about not punishing a player when you are not sufficiently aggressive to do so, albeit in a situation where you were out of position. You should have bet the turn, and if you got no further action then so be it - this was an unraised small pot anyway, and a bet might just elicit a call from two overcards with one big diamond. In the situation as described, I would have min re-raised myself and folded to a very large re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: ($35) Q (3 players)
Hero bets $25, MP1 calls $25, Button folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this line is fine.

flawless_victory
05-22-2005, 06:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]what the hell are you talking about?

captZEEbo1
05-22-2005, 03:49 PM
anyone else advocate a min reraise / fold line on river?

But do you guys see my dilemma that being out of position sucks? How he can min-raise with a straight and get me to call with better hands and worse hands (most often having worse hands).

creedofhubris
05-22-2005, 07:58 PM
You should be folding worse hands to a min-reraise. Honestly, his hand is weaker than most donks who min-reraise.

topout
05-22-2005, 11:43 PM
He's being smart and raising rivers when you have marginal hands. That's not a dilemna, it's him playing well /images/graemlins/smile.gif.
Seriously, pop him hard with the nuts and pop him hard when your hand isn't good enough to show down but you're fairly certain he doesn't have the nuts or close to it to push him off a better hand.

topout

Big_Jim
05-23-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone reraise this?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

Any hand you beat folds, any hand that has you beat calls or raises (maybe you can bluff out another small flush)