PDA

View Full Version : Find the fish (is it me)?

dfscott
05-21-2005, 04:54 PM
It looks like there were several people that didn't belong in this hand post-flop, but was one of them me? Of course, I didn't really expect this many calls, but one or two were definitely a possibility.

In case it matters, this is a 22.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (t1335)
MP2 (t725)
MP3 (t785)
Hero (t1520)
Button (t340)
SB (t973)
BB (t1012)
UTG (t670)
UTG+1 (t640)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t150) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t640 (All-in)</font>, MP1 calls t640, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1490 (All-in)</font>, SB calls t943 (All-in), BB calls t862 (All-in), MP1 calls t665 (All-in).

Newt_Buggs
05-21-2005, 05:01 PM
I don't think you can ever fold your hand here. If someone limped 56, 77 I'm losing my stack (unless of course I hit one of my outs)

lastchance
05-21-2005, 05:01 PM
You have the third nuts in a 22. You have tons of outs against the nuts. I can't put someone on 77 or 56 here (note, even if you can put someone on 56, you should still call given the amount of stupid people). You beat two pair, you beat overpairs, top pair, overs + flush draw, bad straight draws.

I can't find myself laying down to the one hand that has me beat bad, 77 for the nut set.

shejk
05-21-2005, 05:08 PM
It's possible that bb is betting with something like a pair and an inside straight draw, utg is pushing with the flush draw. And if you're beat you've got a decent chance of outdrawing. You're not wrong to play this.

I think you should consider if pushing over the top is the best way though. Represent a draw instead for the non-thinkers in the blinds. If you push over a bet and a push... well they should be less likely to call with something like tptk. Maybe call the first push?

zaphod
05-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Obviously you have forgotten every thing you have ever learned from Lorinda here.(for all those who have forgotten it, it is hidden at the bottom of the post)

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero river quads.

Outcome: Hero wins mucho chips. </font>

runner4life7
05-21-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm just curious, what did everyone have, and what were the next two cards.

Newt_Buggs
05-21-2005, 05:59 PM
I dont mean this in a bad way, but did you post this just after playing it? I bet that if you had looked the hand over the next day you would have realized that there was no need to post it

dfscott
05-21-2005, 06:22 PM
When I played it, I pushed without a second thought. However, I started thinking that I had seen a bet at the pot, an all-in, and a call of an all-in before it got to me, indicating a decent, great, and really great hand (IMO). Of course, it's been a while since I've played the 22s, so maybe I'm giving people too much credit.

dfscott
05-21-2005, 06:23 PM
I tried, but I just couldn't wait that long... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scuba Chuck
05-21-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I played it, I pushed without a second thought. However, I started thinking that I had seen a bet at the pot, an all-in, and a call of an all-in before it got to me, indicating a decent, great, and really great hand (IMO). Of course, it's been a while since I've played the 22s, so maybe I'm giving people too much credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, I could find neither fault in pushing or folding here. Based on all that action, I could see how there could be a made straight, there could be a flush draw, there could be an overpair, there could be a higher set.

One thing that makes it a little more interesting is that there is going to be multiple side pots to consider.

In the end, if you thought "hey, this is too much action, I'm no longer a big favorite, so I fold." I think you've moved to a higher plain. Especially given how attractive your current stack is here.

Scuba

dfscott
05-21-2005, 06:33 PM
well, it did play out in quasi-Lori-style...

BTW, the BB said right before he went all-in: "my set of sevens cant be that worthless," so I was a bit concerned at that point, but all's well that ends well:

Turn: (t940) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

River: (t940) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

Final Pot: t940

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 7h 7c (full house, sevens full of fours).
UTG has 9h 9c (two pair, nines and fours).
MP1 has 8s 9s (flush, king high).
Hero has 4c 4s (four of a kind, fours).
SB has Js 6s (flush, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins t3350. </font>

The funny part is that the guy that raked me over the coals was the SB...

RiverDood
05-21-2005, 06:47 PM
At a $20+2 table, your play is perfect. Partly because the other players might be clods . . . partly because you've got enough outs to justify being in a multiway pot against the straight . . . but also because the stakes are small enough that a little extra adrenaline won't bankrupt you forever and might give you a hand memorable enough to brag about.

When your buyin is a month's rent, then you can sweat it.

johnnybeef
05-21-2005, 06:56 PM
my guess is that someone had the straight and someone sucked out and hit the flush. your play is fine. there are more than enough people at the 22s who will go in with any 5 at this level to make it a profitable move.....if you dont agree, just watch a few of you summaries in the replayer and realize how bad they are.

shejk
05-21-2005, 07:03 PM
I just spent 2 minutes looking at those bouncing boobies.

Blarg
05-21-2005, 07:12 PM
I was of mixed opinions, kind of careening back and forth, of your flop play here. I first favored the all-in, then didn't, then did again. With so many people in the pot, it's not really all that unlikely that SOMEbody is going to hit a straight or flush in the next two cards. And the pot is big enough to be well worth winning on its own.

So not re-raising would be in some ways equivalent to giving a free card.

And re-raising would give you a chance to maximize your earn.

And if you're beat or are gonna get beat, well, there's no real way around it; you're definitely not dumping the hand just for a bet and a raise.

So raising all-in does seem like a good move to me. If there weren't so many dang guys behind you yet to act, I might think differently. But with such low trips, you don't need to try to outlive a hundred monkeys just to collect your money.

valenzuela
05-21-2005, 07:15 PM
You are not the fish!!!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif