PDA

View Full Version : Donk bet on the river

QTip
05-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, CO calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (7.66 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero ?

I had bet the turn fully planning on checking behind on the river UI if he called.

Nick Royale
05-21-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm folding to the flop bet unless I have a read that tells me otherwise.

KDawgCometh
05-21-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm folding that river. He might've had a ten and hit a backdoor flush on the river. Almost everything beats you by the river and its not a big enough pot to call, IMO

QTip
05-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Obviously no read, as he's the poster. I seriously considered folding the flop. I think that probably was the best idea, but, obviously, I didn't do that. I'm not sure why I didn't, which is really bad.

QTip
05-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Yeah...just making sure. That's what I did.

Thanks for the thoughts u 2.

PokerSparky
05-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Weird, it seemed like he liked the flop, but then doesn't raise the turn. His bet on the river indicates he thinks he can beat at least an ace, unless its just a stone cold bluff.

It looks like he may have wanted to check raise you on the the river, but then decided he didn't want it to get checked through.

Tough, I probably call and take a note.

Edit: Actually after some thought, a fold seems best.

spydog
05-21-2005, 06:27 PM
You will have an aggression factor of 5+ if you are raising flops like this.

Why even bet the turn? The only thing a reasonable player leads into the flop that you beat is some sort of draw. The turn either makes his straight or gives him top pair if he was betting AJ.

Stack
05-21-2005, 07:35 PM
You overplayed this one. Just fold the flop.

Do this a couple of times (folding the river after being so agressive) and you won't get a free turn or river card against those players any more.

Anyway, after investig so much in the pot, I think you should have called his donkbet on the river.

oreogod
05-21-2005, 07:46 PM
I fold the flop. I think u are beat.

But lets say I take your line, then I check the turn. Fold the river.

Now say u want to get to a showdown: On a flop and turn like this, I would rather check the turn and call a river bet...betting the turn, knowing he will not fold and then having to possibly call his river bet sucks more IMO.

When on the turn, did u think there was a pretty good chance he would check to u again on the river? Im not so sure it will happen a majority of the time with this action and board (not being result orientated)