PDA

View Full Version : Hi, my name is MrWookie47, and...

MrWookie47
05-21-2005, 03:34 PM
... :sniff: I'm an auto-bettor.

I was perusing SCFuji's 1/2 6max stats post and read the criticism of his psychotic aggression on the flop and turn. I looked at my own stats, and my aggression factors are 4.39/3.10/1.64 by street for my 6max play. Not all that much smaller. I also fold less, which means I bet more. A lot more. Watch me auto-bet into huge fields at Absolute 1/2 6max:

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero folds, MP calls.

----------------------------

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

River: (7.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

----------------------------

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, CO folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

So, how badly did I play the above? Is there :sob: hope for this poor auto-betting soul? Admitting the problem is step 1, correct?

KingOtter
05-21-2005, 03:57 PM
Hand 1 I don't think is worth an auto-bet... too connected. Hard to fold people when they have good draws. Both flush and straight draws on the board.

Hand 2 I don't mind so much... over cards + backdoor flush + backdoor straight.

Hand 3, I like his check and that would make me bet, too.

KO

Nick Royale
05-21-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm not playing 6-max but...

Hand 1: Don't bet the flop.

Hand 2: Bet the flop (bdfd + bdsd + 2 overs), check the turn.

Hand 3: I play it the same way, but I'm not sure at all it's correct.

2+2 wannabe
05-21-2005, 04:00 PM
hand 1 you should check the flop - you don't have a lot of folding equity on this flop. easy turn fold.

hand 2 is played how i would do it

hand 3 isn't great - anyone that caught any piece of that flop is way ahead of you - just check (i would fire on the river if you had 10 or 9 high - but queen probably will beat a busted flush draw so the check is ok)

but i really like the way you played #2

Entity
05-21-2005, 04:01 PM
#1 sucks. There's no way around it. Check-folding this flop is far better than betting it.

#2, the flop is fine, the turn isn't terrible -- I check sometimes (70%, maybe) and bet sometimes here (~30%). Depends on my current reads and image. I almost always bet this turn HU.

#3 I bet the flop and then hope to check it down.

Rob

Nick Royale
05-21-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hand 3 isn't great - anyone that caught any piece of that flop is way ahead of you - just check (i would fire on the river how you played it though; i think villain has an unimproved flush draw more than enough to be profitable)

[/ QUOTE ]
If his FD is UI you win by checking. The only reason to bet is if he hold 8x/images/graemlins/heart.gif and would fold, but that's not very likely.

KingOtter
05-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Don't... didn't realize it was 6-max. Ignore my post, I have no clue what I'm talking about.

KO