PDA

View Full Version : I cant win rant...with some hands from a whiny ass

fireman664
05-21-2005, 03:31 PM
OK...so I hate this, but someone reashure me that loosing 6 days in a row is not THAT uncommon. In fact, I have had 1 winning session in my last 13 (I count a session anytime i sit down and play, until i take a break) and that win was $5.80 /600 hands.

I have taken a day off...identified some leaks, felt really good about playing again and trying to imulate the Feeney aproach of being a machine and not worrying about results.

Since then Ive lost another 150 BB. My bankroll is not really an issue since I have been playing and winning at $2-$4 for a while, and not cashing out (was going to move to $5-$10...but not now.

ok...rant over (sigh...and if J4o sucks out on my QQ one more time I'm going to so on a spree)

hand 1 (I have picked some boring ones just to make sure of my play)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: whiny ass is CO with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">whiny ass raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">whiny ass bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">whiny ass bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, whiny ass checks.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

hand 2

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: whiny ass is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, whiny ass completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">whiny ass bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">whiny ass 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">whiny ass bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
whiny ass checks, UTG+1 checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Bigdaddydvo
05-21-2005, 04:16 PM
I don't see any other way to play each hand. Don't sweat it, variance is a biatch!

thejameser
05-21-2005, 04:29 PM
The only reads we get are one of them is a whiny ass?

Wepeel
05-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Looks good to me. Everyone is so caught up in results and winrates on this board. I understand you question your skills as a winning player when you hit big downswings, but poker is all about the long run. Just be patient and play your game and things will even out eventually.

fireman664
05-21-2005, 05:11 PM
thanks all...same things I keep telling myself, its just nice to hear from other successful players that they too sometimes struggle to win. And I right now cant seem to win, i dont even think I have been ahead in a session in days.

oh well...the stats dont lie, and when AA, KK, AKs and QQ are all in the red for the week...seems like it might be running a little bad.

lol

AliasMrJones
05-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Does noone else think the flop raise should be called rather than raised in hand 2? You've got 2 players to act after you that may call for 1 more, but probably won't for 2. It would sure be nice to keep them in the hand to pay you off if the flush hits and you'll be getting the same amount in the pot if just one of them calls the single raise.

oreogod
05-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Been having a string of winning sessions, the kind where, sure somewhere in between u may be down 20BBs occasionally but u end up 20BBs or whatever.

Yesterday sucked, down 47BBs at 5/10 -- not much but still not fun, just wasnt getting any cards and most of the good cards or playable ones I got, either got hit up or the flop would consitintley miss me.

And the hands I did win could not cover or bring me up to being just even. One of those days where u have the crap seat at the table. Just variance.

Either way I took out my aggression at the end there by destroying my gf's fav chair...so eventually I have to buy her another one and I had to take her out for some fancy desert...so down even more for the day. Oui.