PDA

View Full Version : A couple 6max hands, and some handreading

Bradyams
05-21-2005, 01:57 PM
<font color="blue">Played a couple of interesting 6max sessions this morning. Try to guess the hands, also feel free to critique and ridicule my play.</font>

Hand 1 -

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Brady is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Brady calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Brady calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB calls, Brady calls.

River: (13.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Brady checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB folds, Brady calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

<font color="blue">UTG was 77/40 after 36 hands, so his preflop raising standards are pretty low, but still not sure what his limp/reraise means. Guess UTG's hand</font>

----------------------------------------------------------

Hand 2 -

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Brady is MP with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Brady raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Brady raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Brady calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Brady calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

<font color="blue">UTG was pretty loose. Would bet the flop with any piece of the board, and sometimes no piece at all. Try to guess his hand (not sure if it's possible).</font>

irishpint
05-21-2005, 02:08 PM
i suck at these, especially against such loose players who, in the second example, could have any piece of the board or nothing at all.

Bradyams
05-21-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in the second example, could have any piece of the board or nothing at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I pretty much just threw that one in there for fun. I highly doubt anyone can guess it.

I don't think the first one should be so tough. I actually remember a part in SSH where Ed Miller talks about limp/reraises, and this guy's hand was mentioned in that section.

handsome
05-21-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in the second example, could have any piece of the board or nothing at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I pretty much just threw that one in there for fun. I highly doubt anyone can guess it.

I don't think the first one should be so tough. I actually remember a part in SSH where Ed Miller talks about limp/reraises, and this guy's hand was mentioned in that section.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that makes it a fun game then, doesn't it?

The first hand I would've 3-bet preflop. The rest looks ok. First hand 3/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif. Second hand 32o

Isura
05-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Hand 1: Looks good. I would like to bet the river, but against this villain (77/40) I'm not sure if I can fold to a raise. Your river line seems okay if you know UTG is aggro.
UTG has A9?

Hand 2: Looks okay given your read. I might raise the river because 1) More likely villain calls down with a worst hand instead of folding. 2) Less likely villain 3-bets the river (as opposed to the turn) 3) You can fold to a 3-bet here IMO.