PDA

View Full Version : 36K checkup

Cris
05-21-2005, 01:54 PM
I've been reading the forum since I started playing a few months ago, and thought this was the time to post for the first time. I now have 36k hands in PT. The stats are an aggregate of my games at the .5/1 and 1/2 limits, mostly 1/2. Please comment:

VPIP 22.96
VPIPSB 44.08
Folded SB to steal 77.33%
Folded BB to steal 45.22%
Att to steal: 17.02%
Won when saw floP: 28.69%
Went to showdown: 35.06%
Won $ at showdown: 52.39%
Raised preflop: 4.73%

Aggression Factors:
Pre-flop: 0.22
Flop: 1.11
Turn: 0.97
River: 1.00
Total: 0.58

I haven’t posted stats yet because I wanted a good number of hands before I did. My play has evolved since I started reading the books (the 2+2 ones) and the forum, I have tightened a bit up and my aggression is now a bit higher than the stats would indicate, since they are the average since I started.

I have been winning, but I am certain there are huge leaks in my game. Please help me!

Nick Royale
05-21-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
VPIP 22.96

[/ QUOTE ]
A bit too high. I would like it ~19%.

[ QUOTE ]
VPIPSB 44.08

[/ QUOTE ]
Way too high. Should be less than 30%.

[ QUOTE ]
Raised preflop: 4.73%

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to double that. BIG leak.

[ QUOTE ]
Aggression Factors:
Pre-flop: 0.22
Flop: 1.11
Turn: 0.97
River: 1.00
Total: 0.58

[/ QUOTE ]
You're WAY too passive!

Shillx
05-21-2005, 02:10 PM
You look to be tight passive. Now that is not a bad thing in itself becuase your Went to showdown: 35.06%. The one thing that you do need to do is boost your PFR. There is really no way around that one, but your aggression numbers don't really tell the whole story. Low aggression in general can be generated by turning some close folds into calls and by turning some close bet or raises into checks or calls. The former is far less troublesome imo.

Brad

handsome
05-21-2005, 02:17 PM
I love playing guys like you. Anyhow, read the preflop sections of SSH (or whatever books you have) before playing a single hand, then start a new database. Come back in another 10k hands.

Cris
05-21-2005, 05:58 PM
I haven't been raising much as the first one in from middle and late position. If I fix this it should bring it up a bit, but will this be enough? Any ideas of what else is usually beginners mistakes where I should be raising preflop?

Anyways, thanks for the input guys, appreciate it. I'll work on my stuff.

oreogod
05-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Anyone have a link to Ishamels thread?...it might help this guy see what numbers he should be hitting.

oreogod
05-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Found it:

Read this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2129882&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1)

Its the 2nd post, its seperated into two limits 2/4 and 3/6...basically a bunch of posters gave him their stats and he shows u the average of everybody. Stick close to these numbers and u should be pretty well of to start.

bottomset
05-21-2005, 06:42 PM
VPIP of 23 is fine for solid postflop players, for .5/1, maybe at 1/2 .. though you need to be raising at least 10% of your hands

you are too passive postflop, either calling too much when you should fold, or check/calling when you should be betting/raising ..

spend some time on the forums responding to hands, post before you look at other posts, and then compare

grjr
05-21-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
VPIPSB 44.08

[/ QUOTE ]
Way too high. Should be less than 30%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah. /images/graemlins/wink.gif (unless the SB is less than half the BB)

Isura
05-21-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
though you need to be raising at least 10% of your hands

[/ QUOTE ]

More like 15% at that game (1/2).

Shillx
05-21-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

15% PFR in a ring game? Wow that is pretty nuts. Anyway I agree with grgr, play loose to maximize the number of pots that you play with bad players. You can't take their money if you don't play any pots.

grjr
05-21-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

15% PFR in a ring game? Wow that is pretty nuts. Anyway I agree with grgr, play loose to maximize the number of pots that you play with bad players. You can't take their money if you don't play any pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a first? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Oh, and I've been close to 15% PFR for the past week but I've been catching some good cards in the CO and Button and have also been on some weak/tight tables where I was stealing mercilessly. (at Party .50/1 if you can believe it)

I know most of you avoid tables like that (and I don't actively seek them out) but I seem to be making pretty good money on them.

bottomset
05-21-2005, 11:03 PM
[quote Anyway I agree with grgr, play loose to maximize the number of pots that you play with bad players. You can't take their money if you don't play any pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

couple things about that, I agree

A. you should have position in most of these pots
B. you should be raising to isolate the bad players, a fair bit of the time, initiative is good

remember the motto from blindstealing

H high card strength
I initiative
P position

it applies to isolation as well

PokerBob
05-22-2005, 01:08 AM
I think your VPIP is too high, but it isn't absurdly high. IMO 20 is the max it should be. Your PFR is alarmingly low. IMO it should be at least 9. And your aggression is too low, but you seem to know that. You have come to the right place. Keep posting/reading/playing. Good luck.

Cris
05-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Seems like you all agree that my lack of aggression is my biggest leak. I'll do some raising and post back in 10k or 20k hands.