PDA

View Full Version : $10-20 Hand (#4)

Manzanita
12-08-2002, 03:32 PM
I have 44 in the BB. It is folded around to the button who open-raises. The button is an interesting character that I have played with before. Normally he is very tight (and easy to read) but tonight he is winning big and has been playing loose and aggressive. The SB (a loose player) calls as do I.

The flop comes 997 rainbow. The SB checks and I bet. If the button has an overpair or if the flop helped him I expect a raise; with most anything else I expect him to just call. Both the button and the SB call my bet and I think that I'm ahead at this point.

The turn is a miraculous 4. The SB checks. How do you play the turn?

The river is an A. How do you play assuming that it is now heads-up between you and the button?

-- Manzanita

Ed Miller
12-08-2002, 04:47 PM
Bet the turn. Consider checking the river and letting your aggressive friend bet the scare card. This will get you an extra bet if he has a hand like KQ... and possibly an extra two bets if he has a big Ace.

David Ottosen
12-08-2002, 05:09 PM
I would have 3 bet preflop.

I would have checkraised the flop.

I would have led the turn again.

I would have led the river.

astroglide
12-08-2002, 09:08 PM
you're 3betting out of position with 44 THREE-WAY? the sb called.

mikelow
12-08-2002, 09:16 PM
Bet the turn hoping for a call and check-raise the river.

David Ottosen
12-08-2002, 10:12 PM
Yes I am 3-betting. I don't think the SB has to have some kind of big hand to call. And I don't think the button has to have some kind of big hand to raise. I'm only out of position to one player, and he's the player in the hand least likely to have a good hand!

astroglide
12-09-2002, 12:42 AM
fabulous idea if everyone's going all-in when they call your reraise preflop. as it stands, you're probably going to have to look at 5 overcards while you bet and have no idea what's going on.

Manzanita
12-09-2002, 03:37 PM
To summarize, I have 44 in the BB, the board is 9974. The SB has checked to me and the button has yet to play.

I bet the turn, the button thought a long time and called, and the SB folded. On the river I checkraised the button when the Ace fell. He quickly folded, which surprised me. I guess he either had nothing or he was sure I flopped trip 9s.

Thanks for the feedback.

-- Manzanita