PDA

View Full Version : Texas Calculatem and PokerTracker - work together ?

spliff
05-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Hi,

I am thinking about buying Texas Calculatem (10$/month).

Does anyone know if Texas Calculatem works while running PokerTracker on your games??

And is there a free program that are as good as Texas Calculatem?

OrcaDK
05-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Calculatem works while PT is running, but they do not work together in any way.

spliff
05-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks, do you think it is worth the 10 bucks a month ?

OrcaDK
05-22-2005, 05:19 AM
I wouldn't use it. The odds can be calculated in ones head just as easy, and other than that i can't see what advantage it gives.

spliff
05-23-2005, 10:22 AM
It gives the odds of you winning the hand, and i think it takes into consideration the betting of opponents on preflop, flop and turn!!

That would be a good indicator on more difficult river calculations when multi-tabling.

Does anyone have experience with the program (calculatem), and playing it multi-table with Poker-Tracker ?

OrcaDK
05-23-2005, 10:31 AM
I usually play 12 tables at a time, and honestly, Calculatem is too slow to follow along. Calculatem shouldn't be used for multitabling. It might be helpful in the beginning to help you memorize the various odds and such. But once you know the odds and calculations by heart, Calculatem ain't gonna help you.

Richter
05-24-2005, 05:16 PM
great program. I used it while learning but I never use it anymore because it's worthless for multitabling.

It's well worth the $50 IMO untill you have outgrown percentage play or start multitabling.

spliff
05-24-2005, 08:14 PM
I know the basic odds, outs times 2 and 4 (turn and turn+river). It's more the river best hadn odds i'm interested in.

I have started playing 2 tables 1/2$ FL - Hope it will work on 2-3 tables while using Pokertracker.

Anyways it's only 10$/month, so if it don't i'll live hrough it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for your answers

Talk2BigSteve
06-30-2005, 09:32 PM
Can you open this program on more than one table at a time?

Steve

spliff
07-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Did'nt buy it anyway, so don't know if the programs work together on several tables at one time.

kevc4
07-01-2005, 07:04 PM
ive had it working on 6 open tables with game plus running
works ok

jdaddy
07-04-2005, 02:30 AM
Back when the owner of this program first started spamming all the other forums they were charging like $30 for the annual ownershipt of the program ($15 on ebay). Of course everyone was pissed that they kept spamming the forums, however some folks (including myself) purchased at that time. It's ok for a complete noob, but as others have pointed out you can/should learn go calculate these odds within your first months of play. Also, as advised it does not handle multitable very well. Decent program for noob for $30 but $10 a month, forget about it.