PDA

View Full Version : happy slapping

blaze666
05-21-2005, 09:36 AM
discuss.

i think there would be a lot less of it if there wasn't so much media coverage. i think the sun is making more out of it than it is. it's probabaly not a new 'craze' at all. iv'e never seen it happen.

Yeti
05-21-2005, 09:41 AM
No, I've never seen it happen either, but I don't tend to venture into town on a Saturday daytime much (I guess this would be when most of them happen?). I also haven't been out on a Saturday night apart from the local pub since the 'craze' began.

Hopefully if it happens to me my mates will be there then we can twat the muppets.

Dominic
05-21-2005, 12:25 PM
what the hell are you talking about?

Yeti
05-21-2005, 12:28 PM
New 'craze' in Britain.

Some scrote slaps an unsuspecting member of the public whilst their friend films it on a mobile phone then distributes it amongst their knob friends.

It's gotten out of control on a number of occasions and victims have been badly injured.

trying2learn
05-21-2005, 12:31 PM
we've had that here - it's called bumfights.

Yeti
05-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Not really the same.

Bumfights didn't feature women getting beaten up for no reason on buses, did it?

trying2learn
05-21-2005, 12:37 PM
no - it shows rich suburban kids paying the homeless to beat each other up and set each other on fire. all for a couple bucks or a drink.

you really think they're THAT different?

both dispicable at the expense of a juvenile joke.

Yeti
05-21-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm not trying to play devil's advocate but wasn't everyone in Bumfights consenting?

I agree they are both despicable.

trying2learn
05-21-2005, 12:42 PM
there were many different underground bumfight tapes circulating before the main 2 were released.

originally, they would drive by and throw full bottles of beer at men who were earlier in the tape asking for money for a drink - it was later they figured out that they could get a lot of these guys to do [censored] voluntarily, so yes eventually it was consentual.

jakethebake
05-21-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to play devil's advocate but wasn't everyone in Bumfights consenting?.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were a bum, I should have every right to earn a meal fighting another bum.

jakethebake
05-21-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
New 'craze' in Britain.

Some scrote slaps an unsuspecting member of the public whilst their friend films it on a mobile phone then distributes it amongst their knob friends.

It's gotten out of control on a number of occasions and victims have been badly injured.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised the ones doing this havent gotten severely injured.

daveymck
05-21-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
New 'craze' in Britain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised the ones doing this havent gotten severely injured.

[/ QUOTE ]

It tends to be a gang onto a vunerable person and they take them from behind first. I suspect its happening abit although my stepson hadnt heard of it when we discussed it today, the media blowing it out of proportion and probably causing more copycat incidentss than ther were.

daveymck
05-21-2005, 02:55 PM
BBC Happy Slapping Fact or Fiction (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4539913.stm)

Seems to be based on Dirty SAnchez and shows like it although I havent seen anything like that on those shows on the bits I have seen when my stepson watches it.