PDA

View Full Version : QQ on this flop,what to do?

Noodles
05-21-2005, 09:13 AM
PP 1/2$, pretty loose 5 handed
im in the SB with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds,CO (poster) checks,button raise,1 reraise,BB cold calls,the rest call

FLOP:K /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check,BB bets,CO folds,button calls, i call

basically i saw the flop and went yuk,with 3 others there i think i just wanted to check and see what happens,
should i have bet out for fear of giving a free card?
i just thought there was a good chance of a K or even 2 pair out there

TURN:9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB bets,fold,button calls ,i call,

River:Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet,BB raises,fold,I 3 bet,he calls

better to bet out here instead of try for a CR?

my main question is on the flop,better to bet out?

Ivanapolis
05-21-2005, 09:20 AM
I would have bet on the flop.

@bsolute_luck
05-21-2005, 09:21 AM
i'm not. that is a heavy draw board, so betting is doubtful to fold anyone that is raising preflop and cold calling it too (BB), you're OOP for someone to just call down. you have a ton of redraws if you are indeed behind too. IMO, you played it fine. NH

deepsquat
05-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Id check/call the flop if its 1 bet, not expecting to have the best hand trying to hit my gutshot. If there was not gutshot i would bet/fold the flop but i want to see this turn cheap and hit a 10. Id C/R the river and try and trap button.

The question is were you going to call the river UI? I think you need to make a decision on the turn whether you think your Queens are good or not as you dont really have the odds to call for your 2 queen outs or your 4 ten outs.

@bsolute_luck
05-21-2005, 09:36 AM
i'd bet out. if he is only betting a pair of Ks, he's checking this through, if he has the flush (especially like AK) he'll reraise. i wouldn't like a c/r on the river.

fold the river UI IMO.

Bluffoon
05-21-2005, 11:06 AM
I wouldn't be so quick to give up the initiative in this hand. Bet the flop and you can decide based on the action behind you how to proceed.

If you are raised or reraised you can play it like a gutshot. If not you can head into the turn somewhat confident that you are ahead.

Isura
05-21-2005, 11:18 AM
I would bet the flop. If the K was an A your line seems better on the flop. But I really think we are ahead here, with no chance really of getting a c/r in, so just bet out. You want to bet since AQ-AT, middle PP's, 2 clubs are are not folding yet. I'd also keep the initiative and bet the turn if no one raised the flop.