PDA

View Full Version : ATs -- dealing with a maniac

Nick C
05-21-2005, 05:59 AM
I'm out of practice, after leaving 2/4.

Anyway, I only have 26 hands on MP3, but it didn't take him long to establish himself as a serious LAG (69/27/1.6).

BB is mostly unknown, but after 22 hands, his stats are 32/5/1.3.

After 64 hands, UTG is 22/9/1.2.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

What do you think?

garion888
05-21-2005, 12:25 PM
I always thought the standard against lags was not to raise and just call. Because you can't really know whether your ahead or behind and you have a hand with showdown value HU you wanna do just that...get to a showdown. So i don't understand all the flop action knowing this Opp is LAG...

Jason

Edit: I guess you did this on the turn and river after you folded BB. Was that the idea?

Nick Royale
05-21-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always thought the standard against lags was not to raise and just call. Because you can't really know whether your ahead or behind and you have a hand with showdown value HU you wanna do just that...get to a showdown. So i don't understand all the flop action knowing this Opp is LAG...

Jason

[/ QUOTE ]
While BB still being in the pot I think you need to raise since the LAG would probably bet any hand here. I just don't like isolating a LAG OOP. Betting this flop would be meaningless. I don't say isolating preflop is bad, but I don't feel comfortable doing so -&gt; I fold.

Entity
05-21-2005, 03:14 PM
I like it.

Nick C
05-22-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Jason

Edit: I guess you did this on the turn and river after you folded BB. Was that the idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, what you described in the edit was the idea.

Nick C
05-22-2005, 02:33 AM
I'm glad that Entity approves, because I tend to do this kind of thing when there's a maniac at the table.

Anyway, MP3 had A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, and MHIG.

Thanks for the responses.