PDA

View Full Version : MTT tourneys besides Stars?

sngplayer
05-21-2005, 03:55 AM
Are there any sites I am missing that have decent MTT tournaments at the $10 to $30 buy-in levels, besides Stars? I tried Party but they have very few tourneys compared to Stars.

UB - has the site slowed significantly? Are there decent tourneys there?

Are the big 4 sites still Party, Stars, UB and Paradise?

TheTimeIsUp
05-21-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried Party but they have very few tourneys compared to Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very, very untrue.

CardSharpCook
05-21-2005, 04:09 AM
if I were in the market for tourneys in this range, I would never leave UB. Best tourney site ever. And they offer so many low-buy-in tourneys. One problem, almost all tournies are NL Texas.

Confused by what you said about party.

CSC

sngplayer
05-21-2005, 04:26 AM
Hi guys

Errrr...I must be missing something. I clicked on the multi-table tourneys tab at Party many times over the past 24 hours and I never saw one $10 NL tournament - there was one $20 buy in at 11:00 a.m. (no good for me), and there were maybe 15 tourneys in all. At Stars there are maybe 100 at any given time. Was I just looking in the wrong place?

Let me be clear - I mean tourneys where there are 700 people, like at Stars, not multi table as in 3 table, there are a lot of those at Party.

I am going right now to open up Party s/w and see if I was looking in the wrong place.

Anyway, I have a UB account from years ago so I will be going back there tomorrow. I assume that the UB tourneys you mentioned are the kind with hundreds of players as opposed to the kind with i.e. 30 players.

sngplayer
05-21-2005, 04:31 AM
Ok - It seems that I had the 'show currently registering tournaments' box checked. I unchecked it and got a bunch more hits. The only thing I noticed is that there don't seem to be as many $10 NL Hold-Em tourneys than at Stars - there was a $15 that I saw and there were a bunch of $20s.

CardSharpCook
05-21-2005, 04:35 AM
I count 18 tournies in the next 24 hours in the $10-$30 range on party. I count 11 tournies in the next 24 hours on Stars in that range (I'm not counting $11 rebuy). So again, don't get what you mean.

CardSharpCook
05-21-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok - It seems that I had the 'show currently registering tournaments' box checked. I unchecked it and got a bunch more hits. The only thing I noticed is that there don't seem to be as many $10 NL Hold-Em tourneys than at Stars - there was a $15 that I saw and there were a bunch of $20s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you send them an email and tell them the $ amount tourney you would like, the time you like to play, and the number of opponents you like to go up against? They tend to be very helpful.

sngplayer
05-21-2005, 04:57 AM
CSC

Thanks for trying to educate me - but I still don't quite see what you are. Yes, I see several $10 tourneys, but none are NL Hold-EM - there are PL and Omaha and 7-Stud tourneys and something called speed tourneys. Are you including the tourneys under the 'special' tab?

Anyway I was obviously wrong, as BonusWHores.com tells me that there are more tourneys at Party than at the #2 and #3 sites combined.

I am now combing through Bonuswhores to find a good site to whore. I just finished getting $200 from Party. PokerRoom looks like I have to play 1/2 which is out of my range at this time. I will start another thread but if you have any comment on the best site to bonus whore if I want to stick to .50/1.00 NL and lower, please feel free.

Thanks for helping with the tourneys thing.

tiger7210
05-21-2005, 05:16 AM
UB is great for low buy ins but you won't find huge fields like at Stars or Party.

Most seem to get 200-500 players.

BaggyAnt
05-21-2005, 07:47 AM
Try any of the prima poker skins they have a good range of tournaments at that buy in amount and the vast majority are guaranteed as well

Blindcurve
05-21-2005, 08:31 AM
Ditto on Prima Skins. This range of limits is where I live and Prima has a lot of options and smaller fields (~100 to 250, often), if that's what you're into.

Caveat:they put ad programs on your computer, which can be removed by AdAware but if you do, you lose your player notes.

gonzo787
05-21-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CSC
Anyway I was obviously wrong, as BonusWHores.com tells me that there are more tourneys at Party than at the #2 and #3 sites combined.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work for BW and I can tell you that this changed and the info you are looking at it is slightly outdated. In fact, as I look on Poker Pulse today, I notice Stars has a higher 24 hour peak than Party. Party generally has higher tournament traffic, but Stars definitely has been giving them a run for their money on the tourney side. BTW, I will get this info changed on the site ASAP. Sorry for any confusion.

FWIW, our site also provides tournament schedules for virtually every major site on the net. Since you go to BW anyway, you might want to have a look at the "tournament listings."

dupree
05-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Interpoker is also good when it comes to NLHE tourneys.

sngplayer
05-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Thanks to all for the info, I will be checking out the prima skins this week.

As for BW, I'll also check out the tourney listings there. I was wondering about the figures given since it looked to me, just on a once over, that Stars has as many tourneys running as Party, and defintely more at the $10 level - there are 3 or 4 in the early-mid evening EST every night. BW is a great site, I'll definitely visit often.

kiffl
05-23-2005, 09:19 PM
I love the tournies on Full Tilt, and as an added bonus you can clear their 100% deposit bonus by playing tournaments.

sngplayer
05-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Thanks kiffl, will check out full tilt as well.

I tried to open a Prima account but something weird happened. I could not get to the 'register new account' area. I called support and they told me that I have to contact my ISP and tell them to open up certain ports in order to be able to play!!??

I have had accounts at every major poker site and nothing like that has ever happened before - anyone else have this experience with Prima??

Thanks

TheTimeIsUp
05-23-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys

Errrr...I must be missing something. I clicked on the multi-table tourneys tab at Party many times over the past 24 hours and I never saw one $10 NL tournament - there was one $20 buy in at 11:00 a.m. (no good for me), and there were maybe 15 tourneys in all. At Stars there are maybe 100 at any given time. Was I just looking in the wrong place?

Let me be clear - I mean tourneys where there are 700 people, like at Stars, not multi table as in 3 table, there are a lot of those at Party.

I am going right now to open up Party s/w and see if I was looking in the wrong place.

Anyway, I have a UB account from years ago so I will be going back there tomorrow. I assume that the UB tourneys you mentioned are the kind with hundreds of players as opposed to the kind with i.e. 30 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

100 MTTs at the same time at Stars? You'll never ever find more than 25.

sngplayer
05-24-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
100 MTTs at the same time at Stars? You'll never ever find more than 25.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should read the entire thread before posting. I made my comments before realizing that I had the 'show currently registering' box checked. This is from the next post after the one you quoted - did you not read it? If you didn't know, you can click on 'Flat' at the top of the page and then click on 'show all' for multi-page threads - that way you can read the entire thread before embarrassing yourself with posts such as these.

"Ok - It seems that I had the 'show currently registering tournaments' box checked. I unchecked it and got a bunch more hits."

There are way more than 100 tourneys listed at any one time at Stars if you count all the currently registering ones plus all the pre-announced plus all the WSOP satellites plus all the freerolls plus all the others. Okay?

So you have given me two replies on this thread. The first was completely useless as it imparted no information whatsoever. Now you provide this reply which just seems to be designed to show that I'm an idiot. Okay, man - I'm an idiot. Now could you please go elsewhere? And once again, thanks to all the people who gave constructive replies. I apologize for having the 'show all currently registering tourneys' box checked at that time I started this thread.

TheTimeIsUp
05-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Please don't give me forum lessons. And no, I am way too lazy to read this whole thread. Your first post seemed very idiotic, and you have no posts, so of course I am going to give you a hard time. Don't take it so personally.

sngplayer
05-24-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please don't give me forum lessons. And no, I am way too lazy to read this whole thread. Your first post seemed very idiotic, and you have no posts, so of course I am going to give you a hard time. Don't take it so personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't waste bandwidth making posts which make you feel good by dissing newbs. If you consider my not realizing that the box was checked to be 'IDIOTIC', it says a whole lot about your tolerance level. Just to let you know, the vast majority will find your ridiculous replies more 'IDIOTIC' than a simple mistake by a newb.

I find that pathologically intolerant people are almost always the ones that are struggling with self-esteem issues, so I will close this thread by saying - maybe a part of your problem is the fact that you are acting abusively. Try acting like a man, in a tolerant, open and compassionate manner. That's how a man acts, in case you didn't know. You may overcome some of your problems that way.

Barry Greenstein you ain't.

This thread is closed.

That is all.

TheTimeIsUp
05-25-2005, 12:17 AM
You got me. GG.