PDA

View Full Version : Stop with the low- and no-content posts. (low content)

uw_madtown
05-21-2005, 03:37 AM
No one cares about your amusing anecdotes. If you must post them, post them at GroupHug (http://www.grouphug.us). Or in the Zoo. But not here. Thanks.

thrillhouse7
05-21-2005, 03:41 AM
fwiw, I laughed a good amount at the title

shant
05-21-2005, 03:42 AM
GroupHug is such a great site.

brazilio
05-21-2005, 03:45 AM
I wanted to get an entire page filled with no content posts, it's been a longstanding dream of mine. That and watching somebody dismember Pokey.

oreogod
05-21-2005, 04:02 AM
Isnt this a no content thread?

uw_madtown
05-21-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Isnt this a no content thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I almost didn't post it. But the number of no/low content posts lately has been ridiculous. Some of them say "low content" but actual have some interesting points worth discussing, and I wouldn't discourage them. But many of them are pretty pointless and have been posted simply because the OP wanted to "share" -- and are worth about as much as a "Look, I flopped a royal flush!" post.

Obviously people can post what they want. But the quality of SS would be improved if, especially when STARTING threads, people took a moment and asked what they hope to constructively achieve by posting a thread. If you have a hard time coming up with a good reason other than "for my own amusement," you probably shouldn't post it. Or, at least, you should post it elsewhere.

Newer posters are forgiven because most people (myself included -- I've posted my share of stupid threads) post stupid [censored] as a n00b. But seriously, when veterans, Pooh-Bahs and CTs are posting low/no content threads at this frequency, it's frustrating.

rmarotti
05-21-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That and watching somebody dismember Pokey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif brazilio.

rmarotti
05-21-2005, 04:18 AM
You know you can make it so you don't see the body of any of my posts, right?

X-posted in the other whiny thread.

uw_madtown
05-21-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You know you can make it so you don't see the body of any of my posts, right?

X-posted in the other whiny thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking about anyone specific. Even if there was one offender whose body of posts had so little value that I'd consider ignoring them, putting someone on ignore doesn't block their threads from showing up in the forum.

rmarotti
05-21-2005, 04:22 AM
I know you weren't talking about anyone specific. I was just trying to offer the first piece of good advice I've ever offered on this forum /images/graemlins/grin.gif

oreogod
05-21-2005, 04:26 AM
Hey RM,

What post/thread are u talking about that u thought was low content? If u got advice u should always be offering it up.

rmarotti
05-21-2005, 04:30 AM
Wha? I was just making light of the fact that a few posters <cough>POKEY</cough> have said that all I do is spam the forums with useless garbage.

shant
05-21-2005, 04:31 AM
More and more I regret missing the most recent Friday night Commerce trip.

rmarotti
05-21-2005, 04:36 AM
I hate new york more than the hooker that gave me syphillis so I think I might move back to LA sometime in the near future, so not to worry. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

oreogod
05-21-2005, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wha? I was just making light of the fact that a few posters <cough>POKEY</cough> have said that all I do is spam the forums with useless garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if u do spam, which Im not so sure u do...just make sure u post the spam with a picture of a hot chick. I dont think ppl will mind.

Like so:

http://www.spam.com/assets/hp/GoodGone3_animation.gif

http://www.bullz-eye.com/gnd/2005/04Jenny2/Jenny-04tn.jpg

is GOOD

rmarotti
05-21-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if u do spam, which Im not so sure u do..

[/ QUOTE ]

Only Pokey knows for sure, but you offer good advice regardless.

oreogod
05-21-2005, 04:42 AM
It will go over great. In fact, all the pics u post will, in not time flat, be saved and encrypted to Pokeys drive, for reference...you will be buds and he will think that you think he's cool.

Win win. Besides, mucho lonely guys will love u for it.

oreogod
05-21-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

But seriously, when veterans, Pooh-Bahs and CTs are posting low/no content threads at this frequency, it's frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

So u leave out Old Hands...yeah sure, thats cool...whatever man.

You are so above it, I get it.

(this is jest...the finer types of courier type are hard to pick up sometimes)

jason_t
05-21-2005, 05:12 AM
It depends largely on the type of LC post. I'm tired of look at this misclick or this board misread or this mistake that we've all made or omg he called me down with jack high posts. stfu and move on. If you have to tell someone, find someone over AIM who'll listen and in kind you will listen to them when they want to share such drivel. Leave it off the f[/i]ucking board. LC posts should be novel, humorous and interesting and I enjoy them because I want to get to some members of the forum better than I currently do although there are none that I want to poke or smile at.

brazilio
05-21-2005, 05:13 AM
I liked your avatar better before, nerd. That whore needs to eat something.

rmarotti
05-21-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should seriously consider killing yourself.

First!

brazilio
05-21-2005, 05:15 AM
so quickly we move from /images/graemlins/heart.gif to hate

jason_t
05-21-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There may have been a time when I liked you. It's a fleeting memory now.

oreogod
05-21-2005, 05:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe u would like to give her cosmetic enchanments with your fist as well?

By the way, how do u get onto 2+2 IRC, im new to that whole thing. IRC that is.

brazilio
05-21-2005, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A nit liking me is akin to having a retarded quadriplegic say we're best buds.

brazilio
05-21-2005, 05:24 AM
mIRC is the irc client of choice for the uneducated troglodytes, I don't know anything about the server and channel details. Us duuds talk to us over My Internet which connects to jason_t's internet and CMI's internet sometimes. I've been able to internet our internets into a single unified internet on numerous occasions, but I think CMI is gone or something, or he got tired of me calling him a pinko commie fish.

oreogod
05-21-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A nit liking me is akin to having a retarded quadriplegic say we're best buds.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://isuisse.ifrance.com/deathmatch/exclusive.gif

oreogod
05-21-2005, 06:04 AM
So if a noob starts a low content post, I think everyone should just post something like this in their thread:

http://www.nondot.org/~kungfoomaster/pictures/stfu_noob.jpg

...and be totally serious about it.