PDA

View Full Version : H/L 3 to a straight VS AA

mscags
05-21-2005, 03:17 AM
I've been thinking about this one lately. Say I bring it in with something like 462 all off and it gets folded around to an A who completes. It comes back to me and if I call we are heads up. If I'm fairly certain that he has split Aces is it correct to fold or is it still correct to call and take one off or does it depend on the amount it will cost to call the completion?

templar999
05-21-2005, 05:26 AM
ms,

it depends on the amount to call completion as well as the number of players who anted. however, offsuit two gappers really dont hold up too well against any hand, let alone split aces. if he's got the aces and another wheel card, possibly one that you need, you've got a mountain to climb. i cant see ever calling here, unless you read him to be stealing.

respectfully,
temp

Andy B
05-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Well, if he does have Aces, even with a Nine kicker, he is a significant favorite. If you catch good and he doesn't improve on fourth, you're upgraded to a small dog. If you catch a Five or a Trey and he doesn't improve, you actually become a slight favorite. And if you catch a banana you can fold with a clear conscience.

Even if he has something like (87)A, he is a small favorite. Aces are huge cards in this game. Obviously, a lot depends on how things come down on fourth. One good thing is that you will have position unless you improve. Well, you could make 2AQ vs his A65, but most of the time, you'll be in reasonable shape if you have to act first. I call on third and see what happens, but you probably wouldn't be giving up a whole lot if you just passed.

And try to find a game where there aren't too many heads-up pots. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mscags
05-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I usually don't have too many problems on Party it just seems to happen late at night more when nobody is really playing.

Andy B
05-21-2005, 04:20 PM
Forgot that you asked about the size of the bring-in. If you bring it in for a half bet, I think you basically have to call. If you bring it in for 1/3 of a bet, I still call, but I can see folding if you're sure he has Aces. I just don't think most players need Aces to raise first in from late position.

TheShootah
05-21-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And if you catch a banana you can fold with a clear conscience.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is excellent! Screw Rag or brick, I am sticking to banana from now on. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks!