PDA

View Full Version : KJs SB vs 2+2er

Fnord
05-21-2005, 03:08 AM
MP3 is a unknown 2+2er (gives it away via a reference in his screen name.) He's playing pretty tight ABC poker and said he's playing 10 tables in chat. We've been friendly, but I've pretty much been getting the best of him when we've run into each other (running good helps.)

Pre-flop I think I have a call vs his range, but figured I'd 3-bet since I'm dealing with a thinking player.

Given he's a thinking player, in retrospect I think a gaybet/raise line might work better on the river.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Fnord is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fnord 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Fnord calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Fnord checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Fnord calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Fnord checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Fnord calls.

River: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Fnord checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fnord raises...</font>

Trix
05-21-2005, 03:11 AM
Think I´d go with gaybet-3bet aswell. Most 2+2ers will raise a big pair in that spot, AK may call, but would probably check through if you check.

Edit: I dont think you are giving up much if anything by folding preflop in a 1/3 structure.
I´m guessing a ten tabling guy wont come after your blinds light.

Shillx
05-21-2005, 03:23 AM
I've never really understood plays like this, because they should not work against a thinking player (maybe one who plays 10 tables though). Let's say that the villian can have AK or AA just to make things easy. He is never going to bet AK on the river when you check to him, but he knows that you know this, so now it makes it correct for him to check his aces as well. When he bets, you know that he has a big pair, so you aren't going to call the river bet unless you can beat a big pair (so his bet has no value). In this case it is kinda distorted since he could be betting trips (and correctly so) but imo the best play in this spot is to bet the river with any kind of a real hand since a hand like KK or AA SHOULD check behind. Of course, they never do in so the above is kinda moot but from a game theory standpoint it is kinda interesting. But against a real TAG you should fire away on 5th imo.

Brad