PDA

View Full Version : I'm growing a beard...

thatpfunk
05-21-2005, 02:00 AM
...and I like it, a lot. I do think there is definetly some beard discrimination (young guy with scruffy beard = scumbag), but it is comfortable and easier than shaving all the time.

I have gotten lots of compliments on it, but I do think it will be a hindrance when it comes to attracting girls (I'm not talking about a cool chin type beard, BTW, I mean a full beard. I keep it clean though and have shaped it nicely).

Just thought everyone would like to know (although only 2 people from here know what I look like) Anywho, I digress...

TStoneMBD
05-21-2005, 02:01 AM
go paul phillips hillbilly jack style.

Dead
05-21-2005, 02:02 AM
No offense to PP, but his beard looked disgusting. Go clean shaven or goatee, or a full out beard. Having three weeks of growth untrimmed just looks awful.

thatpfunk
05-21-2005, 02:03 AM
Nah, I want to be a functioning member of society. If I had a couple million laying around I might consider it.

daryn
05-21-2005, 02:03 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Go clean shaven or goatee, or a full out beard.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you've exhausted all the options

Dead
05-21-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Go clean shaven or goatee, or a full out beard.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you've exhausted all the options

[/ QUOTE ]

No. What about all those kids with three weeks worth of growth that isn't even a full beard yet, but more like a half beard? That just looks stupid.

thatpfunk
05-21-2005, 02:06 AM
How do you get to full beard then?

daryn
a half beard? how do you get from clean shaven to full beard?

thatpfunk
Me and Daryn= BFF

daryn
05-21-2005, 02:07 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody in the history of this world has proven consistent idiocy like dead

Dead
05-21-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, here is the thing.

Some people are incapable of growing a full beard. So they just leave it in that half grown state and it looks stupid.

People who can grow a good beard should do it. Others who can grow crappy half ones should not. You need the right genes.

thatpfunk
05-21-2005, 02:10 AM
My facial hair grows pretty quickly. I'm at week 2(or so) and it is pretty complete.

Alobar
05-21-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
. I do think there is definetly some beard discrimination (young guy with scruffy beard = scumbag)

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually enjoy this stereotype...I get a kick out of being treated shady by some moron who is forced to wear a tie to work, and slaves away all day so he can come home and watch TV and eat cheese. But then I prolly have an inferioity complex or something.

Dead
05-21-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My facial hair grows pretty quickly. I'm at week 2(or so) and it is pretty complete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some nights I feel like I should shave again. It seems my 5 o clock shadow comes at around 3.

I've tried the M3 turbo, the quattro, and nothing keeps it down as much as I'd like.

Dead
05-21-2005, 02:12 AM
MMM, cheese.

Bukem_
05-21-2005, 02:14 AM
I only have the ability to grow a half beard, and it probably looks like crap. I only shave once a month, but I don't care. I don't have a real job, so I'm enjoying the fact that I can get away with it for now.

Dead
05-21-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I only have the ability to grow a half beard, and it probably looks like crap. I only shave once a month, but I don't care. I don't have a real job, so I'm enjoying the fact that I can get away with it for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

SEE. Here is one of the half bearded weaklings. I told you they exist, Daryn.

thatpfunk
05-21-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I actually enjoy this stereotype...I get a kick out of being treated shady by some moron who is forced to wear a tie to work, and slaves away all day so he can come home and watch TV and eat cheese. But then I prolly have an inferioity complex or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually like it a lot too. Not exactly why you do, I just find it interesting the people who would normally smile at me now look away when I smile at them.

Bukem_
Don't be a dick.

Lazymeatball
I've seen Daryn take a nap and grow more facial hair then I can grow in 6 months, hence I keept it clean cut.

Dead
05-21-2005, 02:17 AM
That's because Daryn is what we call an Italian.

daryn
05-21-2005, 02:27 AM
I've seen Daryn take a nap and grow more facial hair then I can grow in 6 months, hence I keept it clean cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha nice. that reminds me i have to shave.. seriously.

thatpfunk
05-21-2005, 02:28 AM
If you had a beard I bet you would be quite the intimidating fellow...

daryn
05-21-2005, 02:31 AM
i have done it. it really doesn't come in great. it's alright up to a point, then it curls too much like the hair down low.

luckily i'm not looking to intimidate, although i bet i am more intimidating than 90% of this forum

mistrpug
05-21-2005, 02:39 AM
No no Lois, it's time I joined the ranks of great men with beards. Why do you think Jesus Christ was so popular? Cause of all the magic tricks?

InchoateHand
05-21-2005, 02:40 AM
Yeah, I hate shaving, hence the side burns and goatee I've been sporting for x too many years.

thatpfunk
05-21-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

luckily i'm not looking to intimidate, although i bet i am more intimidating than 90% of this forum

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good assumption...

InchoateHand
05-21-2005, 02:49 AM
Umm, you are intimidating how? I have seen multiple photos of you. In all of them you look different. In none of them do you look scary. Plus, judging from your posts here you have had a very cushy life. You clearly don't know how to defend yourself, nor are you big enough for size alone to be a deterrent. I would wager that I am scared of people like you (and I'm a very fearful person) approximately 0% of the time.

[censored]
05-21-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody in the history of this world has proven consistent idiocy like dead

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ my eyes are watering.

InchoateHand
05-21-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some nights I feel like I should shave again. It seems my 5 o clock shadow comes at around 3.

I've tried the M3 turbo, the quattro, and nothing keeps it down as much as I'd like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you that stupid? Do you think the M3 or the Quattro differ in how close they shave?

Think about it mental midget, think about....

Call me when you have a full shave and we'll discuss.

Dead
05-21-2005, 03:12 AM
You're so stupid, Inchoate. You act like some of internet tough guy, saying that you could beat up KKF, but I know that I could beat the crap out of you with minimal effort.

InchoateHand
05-21-2005, 03:15 AM
Okay tough guy, come by my way anytime. In the meantime, take up NT on his offer.

As soon as you do, ask him how me and him stand on our "bouts."

Furthermore, I think I come off as anything but a "tough guy." Sure I've had more "life experience" than dipshits like you. Sure I know more about the world. Sure I have a more complex understanding of geopolitics. Sure I am better than you in everyway. But I hardly come across as a "tough guy."

Lazymeatball
05-21-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're so stupid, Inchoate. You act like some of internet tough guy, saying that you could beat up KKF, but I know that I could beat the crap out of you with minimal effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irony

WSUchica
05-21-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...and I like it, a lot. I do think there is definetly some beard discrimination (young guy with scruffy beard = scumbag), but it is comfortable and easier than shaving all the time.

I have gotten lots of compliments on it, but I do think it will be a hindrance when it comes to attracting girls (I'm not talking about a cool chin type beard, BTW, I mean a full beard. I keep it clean though and have shaped it nicely).

Just thought everyone would like to know (although only 2 people from here know what I look like) Anywho, I digress...

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record I happen to love facial hair on guys, and not even just goatees and such...I mean it has to be trimmed and shaped occasionally, but I definetly find beards attractive. Kinda the rugged scruffy look...sooo sexy!

thatpfunk
05-21-2005, 03:58 AM
Hey baby... How you doin'???

I honestly think (in general of course) it will be, and have accepted the fact for a few weeks at least.

Blarg
05-21-2005, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
. I do think there is definetly some beard discrimination (young guy with scruffy beard = scumbag)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I sometimes get a kick out of never really looking the same for any stretch of time. Just perverse, I guess. I always think it's so bizarre how desperate and sort of thrilled so many people can seem to be to pigeonhole you by your looks, so I think it's really funny to have constantly different looks and get wildly different treatment from people who just can't think straight.

I've got a scruffy beard now, just because I never bothered trying to grow one before and wanted to see what it would look like. I knew it would be bad, but who cares; it's just a lark. It makes me look Amish -- you know the kind of beard they have with the face mostly bare but the furry neck underneath. Well, it's not really nearly that bad, but I do have a real lightly furred area midway between the sideburns and chin. it's not a look I'd recommend to anyone without a sense of humor or whose neighbors are humans.

I'll probably shave it off in the next couple days. Even though it's not perfect, it is sorta macho, and I guess I'll miss that a little.

thatpfunk
05-21-2005, 04:37 AM
How old are you? For some reason I assumed you were 30-35ish...

DBowling
05-21-2005, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually like it a lot too. Not exactly why you do, I just find it interesting the people who would normally smile at me now look away when I smile at them.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow i thought it was just me. i didnt really like all the rudeness coming my way. i went back to the goatee.

InchoateHand
05-21-2005, 04:48 AM
Are you kidding, I assumed he was 22-25ish. And I wouldn't be surprised to find I am overestimating.

thatpfunk
05-21-2005, 04:49 AM
I'm not sure why, to be honest. I don't know his posts well. "Blarg" just made me think of a middle aged Star Trek fan...

Tyler Durden
05-21-2005, 04:55 AM
Geopolitics?

Blarg
05-21-2005, 05:22 AM
That's close enough, but I just never bothered trying a beard till now. And now that I have one, I can see that it clearly wasn't worth the wait. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Blarg
05-21-2005, 05:23 AM
Inchoate sometimes has focus problems. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

AEKDBet
05-21-2005, 05:54 AM
At what point did it stop itching?

thatpfunk
05-21-2005, 06:02 AM
It didn't really itch at all. I'm not sure why. Now it feels good to rub/scratch...

AEKDBet
05-21-2005, 06:22 AM
Let's see that bad boy.

thatpfunk
05-21-2005, 06:25 AM
No pictures yet. I'll take some soon...

Jack of Arcades
05-21-2005, 11:58 AM
Goddamn hipsters and their beards.

daryn
05-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Umm, you are intimidating how? I have seen multiple photos of you. In all of them you look different. In none of them do you look scary. Plus, judging from your posts here you have had a very cushy life. You clearly don't know how to defend yourself, nor are you big enough for size alone to be a deterrent. I would wager that I am scared of people like you (and I'm a very fearful person) approximately 0% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? i am pretty big but not that tall. height ain't [censored] though.

mr. assumption all of a sudden eh ?

haha, also i couldn't get by this one, "very cushy life" hahahahaha what does that even mean??

tbach24
05-21-2005, 02:07 PM
&lt;------Does it look like this?

thatpfunk
05-21-2005, 04:03 PM
That's pretty close actually. Unfortunately my mustache is completely blond though, so it looks nonexistent.

kerssens
05-21-2005, 04:55 PM
I say this every week, but it gets itchy by the fifth day....however I have learned one thing and one thing only from OOT, shaving in the shower kicks ass.