PDA

View Full Version : 99 vs maniac

JDErickson
05-21-2005, 01:17 AM
BB Opponent is a maniac. I follow him around a lot. 58/14/1.25. He will bluff raise anytime, show down with A high after multiple bets, etc. You typical fucktard.

MP2 is a TAP'r 17/7/1.31

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets</font>, BB raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero ???

eric5148
05-21-2005, 01:22 AM
You've got to call here. Since MP2 is an ok player, he probably will call down the fucktard with any pair.

damaniac
05-21-2005, 01:30 AM
BB's aggression numbers don't scream maniac, at least postflop, but given your reads of the way he plays his hands, that sounds about right.

If it were heads up, I'd 3-bet and bet the river, or call a cap and check/call the river, IF he is the type of maniac who does not fold when people play back at him. If he is, then just call him down.

The presence of a TAPish player is a little more troubling. I am trying to think of what he would open limp with, call 2 back to him, peel on this flop, then call 2 cold with on the turn. A decent suited A (diamonds) or a pp of some kind (probably less than 9) are the only things I can come up with, but I need to work on hand reading.

I think we're ahead of MP2, though he probably has some live outs. If BB is a maniac, then we should be ahead of him often enough. I was going to say call since you can't force anyone out, but if we think we're best, that seems silly. So 3-bet, call a cap?

River depends on the card and the action, since you're last to act. I don't know if this is weak-tight, but MP2 coming alive to an A or diamond might be time to fold? With BB being aggro, it might go bet/raise, which at least makes it a little easier to lay down. That coupled with the TAPish nature of the foe dictates that he probably isn't raising a worse hand to avoid overcalls.