PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do or why with this QJs

eric5148
05-21-2005, 01:12 AM
UTG sometimes limps in with big hands, and mp2 is a LAG-tard.

What should I have done?

Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Eric is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, Eric calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Eric calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, BB folds.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Eric checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls, Eric calls.

River: (9.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Eric checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

Pokey
05-21-2005, 01:16 AM
Let's see....

Call preflop with strong suited connectors.
Call the flop with overcard value and a backdoor flush.
Check/call a solid flush draw.
Check/fold unimproved on the river.

Yeah, I like this play.

The only possible alternative would be an isolation raise on the flop, but I don't think your hand is strong enough to warrant that here.

damaniac
05-21-2005, 01:20 AM
Pokey said most of it, but if you were ever thinking about a semi-bluff bet or raise, that wouldn't be good, owing to the large nature of the field. If someone had bet into you on the turn it might be ok to try to clean up some outs, although I think most of the better Q's and J's raise preflop, so that seems dubious. Not really any other way to play it, I think.