PDA

View Full Version : trips fold on river...

ep510
05-21-2005, 12:03 AM
utg: 47/0/1, utg+1: 50/3/0.5

Any problems with this line? I figure at least one of them have at least a flush on the river. Good fold?

-Eric

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

River: (14.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero folds...

Pokey
05-21-2005, 12:08 AM
I don't know what they have, but you can't beat it. Calling the first river bet is right, but folding the reraise seems right, too.

Why didn't you raise the flop? You had the perfect chance to thin the field BEFORE this hand got attrocious. You could have faced three of your four opponents with calling two cold, taken control of the hand, and quite possibly won this pot. You can't slow-play three of a kind, ESPECIALLY if it's trips.

Other than that, I think you played this hand well.

oreogod
05-21-2005, 12:20 AM
I RAISE the flop, I BET the turn...and I sent my self up for a checkraise on the river...but say u take control of the hand...they are checking to u, on the river if they still check to u, u can check behind. As much as I hate to with trips, there are two others in the pot, they were tailing u down with something...maybe thats weak or results oriented, but there might have been the possibility to get this showdown cheap.

Depends, since u are in late position, they might have bet anyway thinking u would check the flush through. Still, its possible it might have worked...either way u should be in control of this hand.

damaniac
05-21-2005, 01:18 AM
I was going to say, the flush draw is neither folding nor really paying since he has 35% equity and (presuming bettor isn't the one on the draw) he has about equal money on all flop bets 3-way. Other than unlikely gutshots, everyone else is drawing more or less dead to you. Why not let them stick around on the flop and pop the turn?

But then I remembered that since we have trips, our odds of filling up by the river are 33% (7 outs, then 10), so the flush's equity is much lower. Plus, most people aren't peeling anyway without a draw, large pot or no. So, yeah, just raise it.

daveymck
05-21-2005, 06:28 AM
Raise the flop, this is not a slowplaying hand and you have the ideal position with the bet coming next to you and three to act facing two cold.