PDA

View Full Version : since 1/2 6 max is the hot topic these days (stats post)

SCfuji
05-20-2005, 11:28 PM
http://img276.echo.cx/img276/1614/100k6maxbase2nc.jpg

http://img285.echo.cx/img285/8509/100k6maxextra13km.jpg

http://img285.echo.cx/img285/8822/100k6maxextra29ty.jpg

i have gone through many phases of tightness and looseness and weakness and aggressiveness but this just pretty much sums up my 1/2 6 max extravaganza. lately i have been stealing more and protecting more but there are too many hands to really make a big difference in the numbers. i have also been going nuts preflop 3-betting and capping in position with weaker hands than usual (just experimenting). if you have a big roll for 1/2 6 max i definitely would recommend just testing the crazy pf aggression. hope this will help those beginning their 1/2 6 max journey with a view of what to expect.

goodluck and thanks to everybody who held my hand through this grind.

thesharpie
05-20-2005, 11:37 PM
Nice one. I hope you got rakeback. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I steal about this much at .50/1 and alot more than this at full ring 1/2 so far over my limited sample. I'm curious what your latest att to steal is since you've tried to steal/defend more.

SCfuji
05-20-2005, 11:41 PM
past few weeks a little over 20k hands

vpip 28
pfr 22
steal attempt 38
defend bb 50
bb/100 green

hicherbie
05-20-2005, 11:41 PM
4.42 flop AF
you are my hero tanaka. good work...i expect you to be teaching me the ins and outs of 5/10 6m sometime soon.

Buckmulligan
05-21-2005, 12:01 AM
your af looks a little high for the 6 max game. Mine looks like yours, and I know mine is.

[ QUOTE ]
if you have a big roll for 1/2 6 max i definitely would recommend just testing the crazy pf aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't agree more.

bottomset
05-21-2005, 12:39 AM
you prob should be playing stars 2/4 or 3/6 6max now, 100k is a lot

Isura
05-21-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
past few weeks a little over 20k hands

vpip 28
pfr 22
steal attempt 38
defend bb 50
bb/100 green

[/ QUOTE ]

Your VP is pretty high, I wish I could be this loose. But I really think something like 25/18 or 25/20 is optimal in this game. You seem to be putting too much money in on the flop with 2nd best hands, and paying off a little too much, so your winrate is probably not as good as it could be. It's good your steal % has gone up lately, 26% was too low. Overall looks good, and your style of play will probably be more effective at 2/4 Stars and 5/10.

Maybe post positional stats, filtered for 6 handed only.

SCfuji
05-21-2005, 12:50 AM
im at full tilt. im trying to save up enough points for a fricken jersey.

SCfuji
05-21-2005, 12:57 AM
http://img276.echo.cx/img276/8827/100k6maxposition2bq.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

yes i am paying off too much but i dont know how much it is affecting my bb/100.

kapw7
05-21-2005, 09:25 AM
AF numbers especially on the flop are too high. 1/2 is very passive for this AF to be effective. Huge sample you have there. I was wondering about the win rate that these stats can produce. It looks that you are not too proud about it.

benkath1
05-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Thanks. I'm just beginning my journey. I needed to see something like this. I very seriously doubt my 13bb/100 after 1200 will hold up. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif But it's been fun so far!

Do you post most of your hands here or in HUSH?

Isura
05-21-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://img276.echo.cx/img276/8827/100k6maxposition2bq.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

yes i am paying off too much but i dont know how much it is affecting my bb/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to tighten up a bit from UTG preflop. And also loosen up more from the button, especially first in. You also seem to be overlimping from the button a lot. If it 's 1 loose limper consider isolate raising more, and raise for value more with several limpers. Button is much better than CO (much more so than the difference between MP and CO). BB VP seems too high, are you cold-calling too much from the BB with easily dominated hands like JTo when it's 3-handed or more? JTo is fine to defend a highjack raise HU, but it loses a lot of value multiway. Can't comment much on postflop play. If you want, why don't you send me about 100 hands you played from the button, and another 100 hands from UTG. I'll look through them and see if there's any obvious leaks.

Edit: BTW, how many tables do you play, because that is one sick sample size. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sthief09
05-21-2005, 10:54 AM
I mean this in the most constructive possible way, but I can't believe you played 100,000 hands like this. you're limping too much, not raising enough, not stealing nearly enough, folding postflop too much, and you're psycho-aggressive on the flop and turn. there are some signs that you could enjoy some success in the future, but these should have been addressed before you hit 100,000 hands. at 5/10 I think you'd be slightly better than breakeven. maybe .5 bb/100. at 1/2 I'd guess you're 1.5-2, maybe a little lower. these aren't small problems either. they are ones that need to be addressed if you have any intentions of moving up.

Entity
05-21-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I mean this in the most constructive possible way, but I can't believe you played 100,000 hands like this. you're limping too much, not raising enough, not stealing nearly enough, folding postflop too much, and you're psycho-aggressive on the flop and turn. there are some signs that you could enjoy some success in the future, but these should have been addressed before you hit 100,000 hands. at 5/10 I think you'd be slightly better than breakeven. maybe .5 bb/100. at 1/2 I'd guess you're 1.5-2, maybe a little lower. these aren't small problems either. they are ones that need to be addressed if you have any intentions of moving up.

[/ QUOTE ]

In order of significance, I think the biggest problems are that you're folding too much postflop and that you are so psychotically aggressive on the flop and turn.

Rob

VBM
05-21-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you're limping too much

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not stealing nearly enough

[/ QUOTE ]

what are good threshholds for these #'s? i'm making my 2nd foray into 6-max, and albeit my sample size is a fraction of fuji's, but for these values i'm quite similar to him...

Shillx
05-21-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice post. I don't know anything about the preflop aspect, but getting an AF that big probably leads down a path of folding too much after the flop. I like to call more then most, but there are too many people who stone bluff not to just call. But a WTSD circa 34% doesn't seem that out of line to me...what is a good target?

You also have to understand that someone who doesn't call will blow people off of their bad hands so the WTSD should be lower. I tend to keep people around to showdown in HU situations since I hate getting aggressive when I feel like my opponent is drawing to <2 outs. Anyway I know they will payoff at 1/2 but I'm not sure that this is the case at 5/10 short and beyond.

Brad

Isura
05-21-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're limping too much

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what are good threshholds for these #'s? i'm making my 2nd foray into 6-max, and albeit my sample size is a fraction of fuji's, but for these values i'm quite similar to him...

[/ QUOTE ]

Attn. to Steal - I'd say about 30% as a minimum, closer to 35% if you once comfortable playing stuff like A3o HU for a profit. The button is a powerful position in 6 max. Something like A6o might seem hard to play against loose blinds, but it's really not. Raise preflop, 1 or both blinds call. Flop isn't too scary, you bet. 2 call, usually give up if you don't have a pair by the turn. 1 call, bet/check depending on the opponent, board, whether you have a pair etc. USually bet when you have a pair (even bottom pair HU). Then you can take free showdown if you want with A high or a small pair.

VPIP/PFR - About 25% seems to be the maximum that most tags around here can handle. I'm a bit tighter (about 22.5 %) but I'm working on that still. Something like 22/16 would be good for most players.

Isura
05-21-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice post. I don't know anything about the preflop aspect, but getting an AF that big probably leads down a path of folding too much after the flop. I like to call more then most, but there are too many people who stone bluff not to just call. But a WTSD circa 34% doesn't seem that out of line to me...what is a good target?

You also have to understand that someone who doesn't call will blow people off of their bad hands so the WTSD should be lower. I tend to keep people around to showdown in HU situations since I hate getting aggressive when I feel like my opponent is drawing to <2 outs. Anyway I know they will payoff at 1/2 but I'm not sure that this is the case at 5/10 short and beyond.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Many spots occur at 1/2 where the passive line is more correct than the aggro one. A raise/fold strategy is not optimal for this limit.

MrWookie47
05-21-2005, 03:15 PM
So, I was looking at all the stats that relate to folding, and while I fold less than OP, it's not all that much less. Do you guys have ballpark ideal ranges for the following stats:

Went to showdown
Won $ at showdown
Player actions, Fold% by street
Folded to river bet

Thanks.

SCfuji
05-21-2005, 08:16 PM
ah thank you. ive been trying to cutdown on the limping but now my pfr has skyrocketed. im still trying to find the happy medium.

SCfuji
05-21-2005, 08:19 PM
let me throw in a few thousand to play around with and ill report back to ya capt'n. oh and i 8 table.

McGahee
05-22-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're limping too much

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Attn. to Steal - I'd say about 30% as a minimum, closer to 35% if you once comfortable playing stuff like A3o HU for a profit. The button is a powerful position in 6 max. Something like A6o might seem hard to play against loose blinds, but it's really not. Raise preflop, 1 or both blinds call. Flop isn't too scary, you bet. 2 call, usually give up if you don't have a pair by the turn. 1 call, bet/check depending on the opponent, board, whether you have a pair etc. USually bet when you have a pair (even bottom pair HU). Then you can take free showdown if you want with A high or a small pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the key to that line is having passive opponents who check their garbage and predictably C/R their real hands on the turn. I abused this line clearing the Party bonus this week; but opponents haven't cooperated as much this weekend. Table selection in 6-max is really important.