PDA

View Full Version : AJ picks up flush draw - bad turn bet?

Isura
05-20-2005, 11:21 PM
Not sure about the turn bet. I don't see many better hands folding except maybe AQ or a small pocket pair. If I check and I hit a flush I'm probably not getting much action anyways right? Is this even more reason to bet? Thanks guys.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font> ...

Dov
05-20-2005, 11:36 PM
I check call the turn and fold the river unimproved.

Isura
05-21-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I check call the turn and fold the river unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in position here. I also check/call if oop.

@bsolute_luck
05-21-2005, 09:30 AM
looks fine to me. some people just call to see the turn. i think you have folding equity here and you can take the free showdown if UI on river.

sublime
05-21-2005, 09:45 AM
its so close, i dont think it matters.

i dont think you are getting raised here too much, fwiw. the AK /images/graemlins/spade.gif are accounted for and the dude showed no passion on the flop, so at worst you get to show down your A high for free.

one thing, do you 3-bet AJo here usually? or is it read based? i cant see it being +EV long term across the board.

Isura
05-21-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
one thing, do you 3-bet AJo here usually? or is it read based? i cant see it being +EV long term across the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually read based, but I usually 3-bet even without a read from the button (probably fold from CO or worse). I can understand laying this down in a tougher game, but these guys are just so bad, that I feel I can play this profitably from this position.