PDA

View Full Version : Party's WSOP Steps - Warning!

Benal
05-20-2005, 10:46 PM
This is outright THEFT by PartyPoker

To: info@partypoker.com
Subject: WSOP Step Tournaments

Hello,

I would like to know what will happen to my unused
WSOP Step entrie(s) once the WSOP has started.

Thank You,
XXXXXX

From: info@partypoker.com

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us.

A Free roll is a free entry (and not cash) given to the players to participate in the tournaments without paying the buy-in amount.

Any entries to the WSOP steps will not be refunded and will be elapsed once the WSOP tournaments have started. You need to use the freeroll as long as the promotion goes.

To learn more on the WSOP Steps, refer to the link given below:
http://www.partypoker.com/news/events/wsop-steps.html

TheNoodleMan
05-20-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is outright THEFT by PartyPoker

[/ QUOTE ]
and here I thought you were going to rail against obscene rake structure

paperboyNC
05-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Why can't you use them?

Benal
05-20-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why can't you use them?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the point. Say I buyin directly to step 6 for $2000 one day before the WSOP because I havent qualified yet, and I really really want to. I finish 2nd or 3rd for another freeroll to step 6, but lo and behold, they stop running them because the WSOP is starting! They just stole $2000 from me.

I realize this is an extreme example, but the fact is the freerolls that will "expire" were payed for by their players

paperboyNC
05-20-2005, 11:23 PM
I guess it would be fair if they gave me an equivalent buy-in in another step tournament if they don't want to give cash refunds.

Ogre
05-21-2005, 12:09 AM
its just more money that they dont wont payout unless they have to.

curtains
05-21-2005, 12:24 AM
My sister asked the same question and they told her she WOULD be refunded for her steps. I'd ask for someone else or call them to make sure, because she got completely different information. Also with all the freerolls involved, there will surely be people still stuck in the system by the time the WSOP rolls around.

Benal
05-21-2005, 12:27 AM
Are you serious? They need to get their act together. I guess I'll call them tomorrow and get an accurate answer.

adrockuk
05-21-2005, 10:11 AM
I got told that it'd be credited back to my account when the promotion is over.

Dear Adam,

Thank you for contacting us.

Congratulations! On going through your account details, I see that you
have a freeroll to the Entry to WSOP Step 2. This game is available
24/7 on the Lobby listed under the 'Sit & Go' tab under which you need to
click on 'Steps.

To register using the freeroll that you have won:

1. Select the WSOP Step 2 for which you have a freeroll from the Main
Lobby
2. Click on the "Seat Open".

You will be provided with two options:

1. To use your freeroll
2. To Buy-in for the tournament.

As you have a freeroll available just select the "Freeroll" option and
you will be
able to play for free in this tournament."

We wish you luck for the tournament.

We would like to inform you that players who come in the first 2
positions (Rank 1 - 2 )on a Step 2-Table ($50/$5) tournament get a free entry
to the Step 3-Table ($200/$20).

The next positions (Rank 3 - 7) get another chance to play on the same
2-Table ($50/$5). Players coming in after that position (Rank 8-10) are
not eligible for any prize.

For more details on how all the Steps Tournament are paid out, please
go to the following link:

http://www.partypoker.com/news/events/wsop-steps.html

You are just 5 Steps away from a fabulous WSOP package worth $13,500,
we suggest you to use the freeroll entry as soon as possible. <font color="red"> If you
have any extra freeroll entry to the WSOPs will be refunded back to your
account if the promotion finishes.</font>

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to
contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to
assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Vamsi K.G
Poker Customer Care

Benal
05-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Here's an update on this from another forum if anyone's interested

Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2447591&amp;page=0&amp;view=c ollapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;vc=1)