PDA

View Full Version : your flop play here?

Eihli
05-20-2005, 10:03 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t750)
MP (t2295)
Hero (t2280)
Button (t1145)
SB (t415)
BB (t1115)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t300</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>,shortstack goes all-in for 315, BB calls t315, Hero calls t115.

Flop: (t880) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

oxymoron
05-20-2005, 10:22 PM
I would have pushed pre-flop unless I had strong reads that one of the others were really tight and then I might fold. However, even against a tight player the most you are going to lose is half of your stack and that still leaves you with 10BB. I'm pushing.

elonkra
05-20-2005, 10:26 PM
missing info

lastchance
05-20-2005, 10:30 PM
I push preflop, the first time around as well. I also push if BB checks to me. If BB bets though, I probably fold, putting him on some kind of likely pocket pair.

DJ Sensei
05-20-2005, 11:14 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but it looks like there is an empty sidepot here. betting on the flop is probably a bad idea. only a hand that beats you will call, assuming that you wouldnt bluff at it.
You and the button should check this one down unless one of you hits your hand.

chisness
05-21-2005, 01:31 AM
Actually it's not a bad idea to bet here even without a "made" hand. If BB checks to you, you're almost always winning. With that many chips in there, why let his KJ (hypothetical hand) catch a K or J? It's very likely you're best of all three players here, so I'd make it 1v1 instead of a 3 person free for all.

One time it might be good to check in this situation is if the pot is fairly small and if you win you get into the money (so eliminating a player becomes more important than being more favored to win the pot).

smcannon
05-21-2005, 01:40 AM
I'm checking. Someone probably has two pair or even AK. The SB in my mind has something decent. He could have just folded with junk to your raise and waited out for a chance to steal blinds on the button. Having him go all in here, puts him on a pretty decent hand.

BB calling too. I mean this dude has something decent too. Probably like a pair or something. He put in 1/4 of his stack to a raise and a raiser. Your call was an obvious call at this point. But seeing that flop, let the other two have fun.