PDA

View Full Version : T9s flops double gutshot...

mtdoak
05-20-2005, 09:51 PM
anyone play this hand any different?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (18 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

KDawgCometh
05-20-2005, 09:59 PM
would've been nice to have another PF limper for the complete, but the hand looks real nice. gh

Catt
05-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Calling the 3-bet on the flop might be a shade loose, but I make that sort of call pretty frequently. If we assume BB will call 1 more, then you're getting 10:2 on your call with a double-gutter but a two-flush is also on the board. Depending on your view of the likelihood of the flop getting capped, how much you want to discount you straight outs for the /images/graemlins/heart.gifs on board and/or the redraw should you hit a Q on the turn, and how much in implied odds you think your hand is worth, it can go either way. Like I say, I probably call here most of the time and hope for an 8, but I think a case can be made for folding the flop when it is two back to you.

I play the rest the same way since I don't think T9 will dawn on Villain until you cap the turn at the earliest.

Pokey
05-21-2005, 01:13 AM
Preflop is good.

Flop bet is right, and I also like calling two. You're getting 5:1 odds immediately, but the implied odds if you hit are ginormous. You can expect to get at least four more big bets out of these guys if you hit your straight on the turn, and that makes your implied odds enough to make this a fairly easy call.

Turn check-raise is perfect. Cap is for value, obviously.

Lucky river card, too! I'd have been very afraid of a heart (check/crying call one, fold two), but given that it's not, your lead bet was perfect.