PDA

View Full Version : NL cash to tourny

THATWACOKID
05-20-2005, 09:38 PM
I've been playing 2/4 400 nl on party for the last 3 months. I haven't played a single tourny in that time. I qualified for the Friday Special and I'm just wondering if anyone can give me a quick list of tips in strategy adjustment. I played strictly tournaments before the last 3 months so I'm not a total n00b. Thanks!

THATWACOKID
05-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Oh well, thought I'd give it a shot. Anyway, good luck to whoever's playin'! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

betgo
05-20-2005, 11:15 PM
The main difference is playing shallow stacks later on. There will be a lot of raises and retaises allin, since allin isn't 100xBB.

You also have to take more account of stack sizes. The way a table plays can change a lot over the course of a tournament. Of course the competition gets more difficult as you go along.

You might want to read "Harringotn on Holdem" and "No Limit Holdem" by McEvoy and Daugherty.

betgo
05-20-2005, 11:27 PM
The other thing as that late in the tournament with good players and shallow stacks the play is much tighter, with not much limping and a lot of hands decided before the flop. It is pretty much blinds stealing game.

THATWACOKID
05-21-2005, 07:20 PM
I've had a lot more sucess in cash than tournaments. But I guess I never read this site while I was in my tournament phase. I realize that you go longer between wins than cash. Are tournaments as profitable in the long run? Tournaments are definitely more fun than cash, but I tend to get pretty mad when I get knocked out. Any thoughts?