PDA

View Full Version : Lots of decisions!!

krishanleong
05-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

No reads unfortunately.

Krishan

mperich
05-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Too cute on the flop. Thats why you have too many hard decisions later.

-Mike

Trix
05-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Are you saying the river is easier if he raise the flop, bet the turn and get CRed on the river ?

I dont think it makes any difference really..

Trix
05-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Any card above 7 will give you a tough turn decision or loose you value if he decides to check, so just raise the flop.

Iīm not ~92% sure that Iīm beat without a read, so I call the river.

helpmeout
05-20-2005, 09:19 PM
fine

mperich
05-20-2005, 09:20 PM
I didnt say it would make the river specifically easier. I said it would make the entire hand easier, by which I mean it is easier to see where you stand. My hand would have gone raise flop bet turn fold to river checkraise with a clear conscience because he played this hand exactly like a jack.

I just find that this play doesnt have much merit in 10/20 party games and below, because people will follow thru on their bluffs blindly on the river enough so that you get the extra BB anyways on the river, without having to make a weird turn raise for a free showdown.

-Mike

Trix
05-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Itīs for value, not for a free SD and again, I if you canīt fold the river to a check-raise this way, then I dont think you can the other way either.

krishanleong
05-20-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Itīs for value, not for a free SD and again,

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

Krishan

Alobar
05-20-2005, 09:44 PM
I like the way you played the flop. Nothing wrong with waiting till the turn to raise, its HU and you very likely have the best hand. You get more value this way.

I prolly pay off the river to see what he had, as it will help me play against him in subsequent hands, and there is reason enough to believe you will be good close to the required amount as hes already shown the ability to play somewhat non standard (if he really was donk betting a J on the flop).

krishanleong
05-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Villain showed K3 and MHIG.

Krishan

Wynton
05-21-2005, 12:23 PM
I've got a feeling my thoughts here are going to reveal some problems.

First, against unknowns I muck this preflop. Is no one discussing this because it's an easy raise, or just because it's close enough not to be interesting?

Second, my tendency would have been to raise the flop, rather than wait till the turn. But actually, I think I like your line better. Seems more convincing.

Now the river is where I really feel confused, against an unknown. I freeze when the board pairs like that, as it always seems that the guy has trips. I'm afraid I would have just checked through.

But having been check/raised on the river, if new at the table (which I assume you are since you have no reads), I think I'd have to call down too.

Alobar
05-21-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

First, against unknowns I muck this preflop. Is no one discussing this because it's an easy raise, or just because it's close enough not to be interesting?

[/ QUOTE ]

5 handed in the CO....this is a pretty easy raise

PokerBob
05-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Do you fold to a turn 3-bet? It would make me vomit, thus I feel like waiting until the river to raise. Is this wrong?

marand
05-21-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For me this is a borderline raise depending on the other players. If this is an easy raise on the CO where do you generally draw the line? K8? K7?

Alobar
05-21-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For me this is a borderline raise depending on the other players. If this is an easy raise on the CO where do you generally draw the line? K8? K7?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, I guess its not easy cuz I def am not raising K7 on a typical table. K8 sometimes, K9 most of the time, KT all of the time